Evo vs Pre Battery Life

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... maybe software needs to be optimized in handling 4g..?

I'm fine with 3g/wifi... it's fast enough for me.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Seemed like my Pre had better battery life, but I am definitely using the evo a lot more b/c of all the fun!! That might have something to do with it.

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After changing sync settings for two email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, calendar, weather, and news to every 2 hrs or so depending on the app, and signing out of Google talk (which killed battery on the pre too), battery life is much nicer. I've still got Bluetooth, gps, and wi-fi on. 4g is off and its probably going to stay that way unless someone with an iPhone starts talkin' trash.

How did you change settings in e-mail accounts exactly ?

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My Evo is MUCH better than the Pre was, but I haven't tried it out at work. That's when I'll really know the difference.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
How did you change settings in e-mail accounts exactly ?

Go to Menu--> Settings--> Accounts & Sync.
Try adjusting those settings.

My Evo doesn't drop randomly like the Pre does.
Also, I use it constantly and it goes down little by little.

If I use my Pre constantly, BAM... there goes 30%.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had it off of the charger for 10 hours now. Used it as I probably would in a typical day so far and I still have 6 "bars" in my battery under settings. I guess that is around 50-60% left. My pre would be closer to 40% by now. So I must say I am impressed so far with the EVO battery.

On a side note can anyone recommend the best widget or app to display actual battery percentage left on the device? I was going to use the HTC widget but can not find it to save my life. :(

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed in the battery info section you can click to see what has been using your battery. My Bluetooth said 23% and I didn't even know it was on. I turned Bluetooth off now so hopefully that will help.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday my battery went red after playing with it (heavily) for 4-5 hours from the initial charge. Today seems to be doing much better after a full overnight charge. Today has been a heavy e-mail/messaging day and I still have about 80% left after being off the charger for 4 hours.

On my Pre, lots of Google/SMS messaging, my battery would be needing a recharge about this time.

e1allen

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately any Sprint phone where I work in DC will over heat and drop battery just trying to search for signal. If I leave the little area where I work my battery will last till I get home, if I stay at work, it drops in a few hours to nothing... I assume the EVO will do the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX