06-05-2010 11:07 PM
42 12
tools
    the funny thing is, I had a tour and I never had great battery life. The evo battery seems better IMO. I never understood people who had a bb and said they went 2 days without charging #kanyeshrug
    Yea man I know right? No way did I ever get two days out of my tour. I wouldn't even consider myself a heavy user. Can remember many occasions when it did not last me the day after being charged in the morning. But maybe it was a blessing as the EVO battery may not seem so bad to me...
    06-05-2010 12:36 PM
    how are all of you tranferring your contacs, i need some help tranferring them from my 8330 to the evo
    06-05-2010 01:11 PM
    how are all of you tranferring your contacs, i need some help tranferring them from my 8330 to the evo
    I'm using google sync. Download it to your phone, then upload your contacts to google, then when you get your EVO, download sync for it and download your contacts.
    06-05-2010 01:16 PM
    I just sold my tour but I still have my curve couldn't get rid of it because I like my bbm. I have an Itouch so I'm getting back into the swing of things. I don't miss the tour my battery succccccked I charged it and by morning battery done smh I truly despised that phone. I love the big screen on my evo easy to type and view webpages . But on my bbm it was to hard to view contents because it was much smaller. I can't get rid of my curve though lol
    06-05-2010 01:55 PM
    Leaving BB curve 8330 EVO on order will have it Monday...excited but a little nervous to be without my BB
    06-05-2010 02:06 PM
    Well, for the longest my BB has been sitting in its holder elevated from my desk.

I have kicked it down to my pocket, and my EVO has taken its new home for the 9 hours that I am at work.

Regarding the contact merge. I too just downloaded the google sync. and as soon as I added my gmail account to my evo all my contacts were, how do you say it... just there, added my facebook profile, and picts started appearing.

I love my evo, and will not go back to my BB.
    06-05-2010 02:28 PM
    I had a blackberry tour and I loved it for the keyboards. I have huge hands and it's impossible for me to type on touch phones. I love the Evo and I love the speed!
    How can I get the same apps like on the tour?
    Such as poynt, documents I could sync, and an email client that allows me to highlight and copy/paste. Thanks!
    06-05-2010 02:57 PM
    I upgraded from tour to the bold and I love the bold, I also opened a second line for the evo. Im making the bold my business cell phone for customers and emails from my office and my evo is my toy phone personal line number from back home and fun for when im on flights can watch movies and listen to music books etc..

two seperate phones, I could do without the EVO if I had to...but I can not do without the BB.
    06-05-2010 03:06 PM
    I'm switching from a Tour and a Curve before that and I don't think I'm going to go back to bb. There are some things that seemed easier in the BB world (emal/phone), but I'm sure most of this is just getting use to using a new type of phone, no keyboard is strange! So far so good though, I'm sure after a week with the EVO things will get back to normal.
    06-05-2010 03:48 PM
    Never go Back Love this EVO !!!!!!
    06-05-2010 09:16 PM
    I switched from a BB Storm on Verizon. So far the only thing I miss is BBM. Other than that, the EVO does eveyrhing else better.
    06-05-2010 09:30 PM
    I miss the true push email.

I miss BBM.

I miss the multi colored led for notifications.

THAT'S ALL.

The EVO beats any previous blackberry I have ever owned. The web browsing is truly a sight to behold. The ease of moving through the OS is unbelievable. It's so easy. It'd like being able to make up your own theme at a whim.

I love it. I won't be going back to RIM anytime soon.
    06-05-2010 09:33 PM
    I'm using google sync. Download it to your phone, then upload your contacts to google, then when you get your EVO, download sync for it and download your contacts.
    Do the first part and sync your contacts from your BB to your google account. Once on the Evo, just sign in into your gmail account and it will automatically transfer your contacts. At least it did for me, not need to install google sync on the Evo.
    06-05-2010 10:31 PM
    Do the first part and sync your contacts from your BB to your google account. Once on the Evo, just sign in into your gmail account and it will automatically transfer your contacts. At least it did for me, not need to install google sync on the Evo.
    Thank you draino and Alva! This helped me a lot!
    06-05-2010 10:43 PM
    Wahhhhh I miss BBM. Get over it. Google Talk (gtalk) is just as good if not better. I'm coming from the BOLD. BBM is good on most days but a lot of times messages lag.
    06-05-2010 10:51 PM
    My 9650 has a new best friend!!
    06-05-2010 10:56 PM
    Coming from a Tour I don't miss the crappy trackball, I can tell you that.

I do miss BBM. Yes there are alternatives, but that means the other BB users that I know would have to install the app on their device as well. Not to mention, BBM was always on. I'd hate to have to bug my buddies to open the alternative chat app all the time because I'm the one that caused them to install it.

Another feature that I liked with BB was "profiles" and how easy it was to switch.

The virtual keyboard takes some getting used to but I'm getting better. Turning off the predictive text helped a lot.

Anybody recommend an app that is similar to BB's Memopad? I don't want anything fancy, just an app that I can type in some notes and nothing more. I don't need to save it so that it's available on the internet or anything like that. Just a bare bones memopad where my notes would reside on the phone.

Another thing I noticed that doesn't work with Android is the animated radar loops on various weather websites such as weather underground or the national weather service. I'm kind of a weather geek so this is a bit annoying.

I've really been working the EVO since I've got it so I'm not going to comment on the battery life just yet, but I know that the Tour and Curve that I use were fantastic as far as battery life is concerned and hope the EVO can keep up.

I won't say that I'll never go back to Blackberry, but right now I'm liking the EVO and Android OS.
    06-05-2010 11:07 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD