Assurion ERP Equipment replacement - Different device

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the evo 4g. Screen cracked and went black. Sprint says no you have to use erp.

I put in order and receive the evo3d.

I dont like it.

No hdmi and the camera sux. The 5mp is remarkably different than the 8mp camera. And no kickstand. I used the kickstand a lot at bars/restaurants.

Anyone have similar experience?

Suggestions? I plan on starting a ticket with assurion and I guess Sprint.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If they dont have a replacement device they upgrade to next device. I have a dumb four year olds it replacement is same phone even though that model has been replaced twice. The original droid is still being swapped for yep original droids. Some folks file a claim hoping they can get a newer phone then they had some times it works other times it doesnt. Luck of the draw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

HeadBlade911

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine just stopped working altogether. Would'my charge/turn on. Took it into the store where I bought it and they gave me another one the same day back in December. No charge at all.

Sent from my Swagged Out EVO 4G

Doug30#AC

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah my EVO 4G literally fell apart (I am very hard on phones) and they just sent me another EVO 4G, so yeah , luck of the draw I guess

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine just stopped working altogether. Would'my charge/turn on. Took it into the store where I bought it and they gave me another one the same day back in December. No charge at all.

Sent from my Swagged Out EVO 4G

Yea if it stops working they replace it free. But water and (now) cracked screens longer than a qtr inch dont get replaced you have to use insurance.

They took back the 3d no problem. But I ran into some static when they sent me the Epic. I dont like keyboards and the camera was also a 5mp. Hopefully will be resolved by Monday. :twiddles thumbs:

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this your first time with the Evo 4G. I got mine rooted up and I'm looking for the 3D to see what I can do with that. 3 megapixels can't hurt if its a faster processor.

Sent from my Swagged Out in my new red shoes Evo 4G using Tapatalk

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Is this your first time with the Evo 4G. I got mine rooted up and I'm looking for the 3D to see what I can do with that. 3 megapixels can't hurt if its a faster processor.

Sent from my Swagged Out in my new red shoes Evo 4G using Tapatalk

I highly recommend against the evo3d. I had my evo rooted.

Its only a slightly faster process but it does have more ram which is good. But the difference is not completely noticeable.

If your upgrading go with the epic touch aka samsung galaxy s2. Evo3d is a card trick in bar. Downgraded camera to make way for the 3d option. You cant share the 3d photos. When you do they are converted to 2d. So wahts the point of the novelty?

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
A lot of folks were raving about getting the Evo3D a while back.
Assurion is again sending out Evo 4Gs which considering many of us have bought cases, batteries, etc, is probably not bad.
I dropped my phone for the who knows how many'th time and it goofed up the screen.
:(
Claim made. Sprint store wouldn't touch it because it was rooted. :-\ New to me Evo 4G refurb on the way overnight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay