Anyone else try the FM tuner yet?

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried mp3 raid to DL some fresh music, but broswer wont let me save like it did on my berry so I decided to try the tuner. You need to use a wired headset for the antenna and its way more clear than id have thought. Good way to hear fresh tunes while at work all night.... :p

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried it out earlier, very impressed.. Everything came in nice and clear, sound was great. I plan on using that in the gym as well. I didn't expect it to come out like it did.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't seem to work! I get nothing but static. Any other tuner in the house can pull in plenty of clear stations. I once heard a little bit of talk in the static on one station. This is before and after the OTA update. My EVO is from Google IO.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to plug in a headset first to get it to work. It uses it as an antenna. Once it is going I think you can uplug the headset and listen over the speaker. At least I know I read that somewhere. I haven't tried it yet myself.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody noticing that it is VERY VERY CLEAR when you are sitting still, but when you move the antenna (aka your headphones) static starts to kick in?

I dont know if its because I'm in doors, but the radio is definitely clear but when i play with the antenna static starts to kick in.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
!!! on the 4th set of headphones I am now getting a some stations, but it sure takes a moment for it to tune in. It just doesn't pull in as well as even a cheap portable radio.

BTW, with headphones plugged in there is a menu option to switch to speaker.

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Too bad you can't record with the FM Tuner and yes barely moving the headset results in mucho static - standing still sounds hot.

Marco_NYC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
mine shuts down if the the earphone jack moves the slightest, not happy. i was really looking forward to this feature, disappointed its not rock solid.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes... I have. I have these expensive Sony ones I use a lot and put it in this. It's a clr radio which describes radio station by name like "this" and gulf 98 and hannity. Pretty sweet and unexpected

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Here in Orlando I had no issues with reception and the sensitive headset syndrome you guys are talking about. Actually, I couldn't get one of the stations I normally listen to (105.9). And I'm using cheap-o earphones that Marlboro gave to me at a bar. :)

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It's OK. Stations work wonderfully in my apartment, but where I work, it goes to hell. Then again, a handheld radio didn't really work in the building anyways, so maybe it's the building.

huss30

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be "that guy" and complain but my FM Tuner hasn't worked once since getting the phone, all i hear is static. :(

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried the FM tuner outside of my job and got no stations, nothing but static. I am using a pair of inexpensive buds that I use in my MP3 so if pricier ear buds are needed I guess I won't be using the tuner very often.

Now, I just tried the tuner in my living room and with some fiddling with the wire I was able to get reception. Noticed that the 'plug' doesn't go in all the way for a perfect fit...maybe that's part of the issue too.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
For me...it works as expected. Some stations come through perfectly...some have static. It will probably work better outside. However, this wasn't one of the main reason why I bought the phone anyway, so personally it's not a big deal. I can say that it's a nice extra that will definitely be used in the right situation! :)

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Here's a stupid question... How do I turn the FM Tuner off? The power button in the top right corner does nothing. I hear static. Even if I close the application, I continue to hear static... Please help! :)

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried it. Where I live, the reception was decent but not outstanding. I can see using it from time to time if I need to hear something on the news, but otherwise, I mostly listen to mp3's anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary