View Poll Results: Problems with Bluetooth

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am having issues with Bluetooth connection quality.

15 62.50%
  • No, Bluetooth is working fine for me.

9 37.50%
    I have tried pairing my EVO with two bluetooth headsets now and both of them get poor reception. In the distance from my hand (waist high) to my ear, I get tons of crackling and for the most part I can not hear anything over the static.

It seems as at least a few people don't have a problem with their bluetooth so I am trying to figure out if I have defective EVO or if this is more widespread.

I have tried it with wifi both on and off, 4G radio off, and gps on. I have also tried moving away from my router in case that was causing interference with no luck.
    06-05-2010 06:12 AM
    Anyone else care to chime in?
    06-05-2010 02:05 PM
    out of three bt calls ive had crackling once, and quiet-loud-quiet with raindrops on metal. its hard to describe.
    ive also had crackling to various degrees using the evo itself.
    06-05-2010 03:40 PM
    im not having quality issues when im using it, but when im playing with my phone, ill notice that it says "headset disconnected" then reconnected and back and forth a few times...very weird

however, when i use it, it works fine
    06-07-2010 01:46 AM
    I experience the same problem. When the phone is in my pocket, opposite side of the ear with the bluetooth device the connection cuts in an out. It makes any use of the device impossible. Not until I hold the device in my hand can I speak with anyone. It is really frustrating.

With prior phones I could talk nearly throughout my entire home while the phone was plugged in the charger in a central location and I was walking around with the bluetooth. Now, I can't travel 10' without disruption.
    08-02-2010 07:28 AM
    I have had my Evo since day one. With no problems untill three weeks ago. I turned my BT on one morning the first call I made I had to take it off of the BT. I couldn't hear for the crackling. Then sometimes it would be just find, then back to crackling on both ends of the phone call. I have the Jawbone Icon, I called Jawbone got a replacement and it does the samething. Hoping after the 2.2 update this goes away.
    08-02-2010 07:35 AM
    No problems...pair it to the car, flawless.
    08-02-2010 07:41 AM
    I have had my Evo since day one. With no problems untill three weeks ago. I turned my BT on one morning the first call I made I had to take it off of the BT. I couldn't hear for the crackling. Then sometimes it would be just find, then back to crackling on both ends of the phone call. I have the Jawbone Icon, I called Jawbone got a replacement and it does the samething. Hoping after the 2.2 update this goes away.
    I have the Icon too. I have 2.2 (unofficial / early release) and it has the same problems.
    08-02-2010 07:56 AM
    I have the Icon too. I have 2.2 (unofficial / early release) and it has the same problems.
    Well at least I know its not just me with the Jawbone Icon. I think I will try another brand to see if it goes away.....
    08-02-2010 08:05 AM
    I experience the same problem. When the phone is in my pocket, opposite side of the ear with the bluetooth device the connection cuts in an out. It makes any use of the device impossible. Not until I hold the device in my hand can I speak with anyone. It is really frustrating.

With prior phones I could talk nearly throughout my entire home while the phone was plugged in the charger in a central location and I was walking around with the bluetooth. Now, I can't travel 10' without disruption.
    I can travel much farther than 10'; however, I also have the issue of cutting in and out if my earpiece is on the opposite side of the EVO in-pocket. If it's on the same side, no issue at all.

(Plantronics Voyager 855)
    08-02-2010 08:42 AM
    Mine seems fine so far for calls, voice dialing, and music.
    08-02-2010 08:53 AM
    Mine works in my car while in my pocket on the opposite side. Have not tried much else. Both music and voice seem fine.
    08-02-2010 08:59 AM
    I can have my phone 3 feet away and it will cut in and out. I use it for music via motorola s9 headphones. I manually put 2.2 on I will try it later and report back.
    08-02-2010 09:29 AM
    Mine is fine when it is working. My issue is when I make a call it will be working fine. I will go to make another call and it won't be working. If I lift the phone up to use it, nothing is coming through the Evo speaker either. Vey annoying. I have a Jawbone Icon and it works with my Pre, my Brute and my wife's Rant. It's not the Jawbone.
    08-13-2010 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD