Anyone in regret yet ?

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the point of posting a solution to the precious iTunes sync if people don't even bother to read the entire thread. Run iSyncr. It works!

bpmurr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Zune HD for my music needs. Then retired my first gen 8GB iPhone for the Evo. So far I really like the device. However, I have 30 days and if the 4th Gen iPhone just blows everything away I might go back. However, I don't think it's going to.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Zune HD for my music needs. Then retired my first gen 8GB iPhone for the Evo. So far I really like the device. However, I have 30 days and if the 4th Gen iPhone just blows everything away I might go back. However, I don't think it's going to.

Internet high five for the Zune HD, amazing media player.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
You're actually trying to knock OSX vs. Windows, especially on security?

OSX is one of the least secure operating systems on the market. Apple has the worst response time to patching holes (by a wide margin, as well). Microsoft has actually come a tremendous distance in security in Windows. It's not like the days XP SP1 and prior. Every year at the PWN TO OWN competiton, OSX is the first OS to fall.

The iPhone has been revealed to have multiple flaws that allow root from remote access to the device. Recently the iPhone was shown to have a vulnerability that made the pin lock 100% worthless.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That's nice, but "sounds" like doesn't mean anything. You gotta handle it and find out.

I just picked up my EVO about 4 hours ago and my personal preference is still the Pre as far as using the cards to switch from app to app and having multiple apps up at once. Maybe my feelings will change as I continue to use the phone.

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my EVO about 4 hours ago and my personal preference is still the Pre as far as using the cards to switch from app to app and having multiple apps up at once. Maybe my feelings will change as I continue to use the phone.

Believe or not, but a Jailbroken Iphone or Ipod touch with multiflo and background do almost the same thing... 6 different screen shots of running apps, that you can switch back and forth, or close on the fly...

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Believe or not, but a Jailbroken Iphone or Ipod touch with multiflo and background do almost the same thing... 6 different screen shots of running apps, that you can switch back and forth, or close on the fly...

Yeah, but I'm allergic to iPhones, lol. Just kidding;) I would not even know how to go about jailbreaking a phone. But if that can be done on an iPhone, I wonder if there could be a program similar created for the Evo...that would be awesome

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Keep this thread on topic please. If you want to discuss anything not related to the topic start a new thread in the proper forum. If not, it will be closed. :)

Thanks for understanding.

Reactions: Yourdogsdead

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have too say after finally getting to mess with the phone today I think the battery is great! I took it off the charge this morning about 10. It is now about 1140 PM and the battery is still at about 50%. I played with it for 2 full hours this morning and made/received a couple of calls and text messages and been playing some this evening on it. I have to say that is pretty outstanding for the battery better than my Pre would have done.

debitsohn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
battery life is really subjective because everyoen has different things going on. i chat with my phone. not much browsing or phone calls and i was dead by 5pm.

garciaop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
maybe thinking of returning it and this are my reasons by the way am coming from a palm pre from sprint

if i keep my evo ill miss the most beautiful thing from webos multitasking i drive a lot and when i do i wanna listen to music while i use my sprint navigator which is great on the pre while the navigator tells you directions the music goes low and goes up when navigator finish and i can be using any other app while getting directions from the navigator
while on the evo if am not at the navigator screent it wont tell me when to make a turn

also pre makes it easy to just close a window without so many pop ups windows asking you if you wanna proceed to close it

wit the pre every game and app you purchase it will be there to download again if you change your device

only thing that i got the evo is 8mp camera big display screen and nice design and way more apps then pre

but its been just one day without my pre and already miss it damn you palm hp you were suppose to bring us some new hardware .webos is great way better then any other plattaform but needs more apps and a better hardware

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow. What is going on with the off topic post. WTF. Ok I have fixed my email problem, emails are coming in just as fast as the iPad. I'm going to try this iSync app tonight. The more I use this phone the more I appreciate the big screen. The keyboard is awesome for large hands.

naddie

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a slight regret.

I bought it online so I'll be getting it Monday. However, I did play with it at the stores, and I'm not overly impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Now before I get flamed, may I remind you, this is just my opinion.

PS: Is it just an illusion, or is the Hero seem quicker than the EVO in terms of flicking through icons? Maybe seem faster because of the smaller screen?

Well, I got 30-days to fully immerse myself in EVO/Eclair goodness before I make up my mind.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what? On Android systems it doesn't remember your purchases if you ever moved to another phone? If that's true, that's a definite deal breaker for me. I hope he's just missing something.

Ilmater

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching from a Pre to an EVO. In fact, I'm sure I will when I can find one. Anyways, I think if people are like me, using iTunes is just a necessary evil. I don't like it. I don't hate it. It's what works with my family's ipods of which we have 5. I don't want to go thru the hassle of learning some other program. I don't want to use two programs. I would just like to be able to use what I currently use and understand and transfer stuff to my current phone whether it's an Apple product or not. I don't care if I can drag and drop like on the Pre. I want it to work just like iTunes...it's what I know how to use.

I don't understand why Apple won't let other companies use iTunes. Aren't people more likely to purchase stuff from iTunes if they actually use it?
Apple doesn't make crazy money on iTunes, they make the money on their devices. Plus, if you were Apple, why would you let anyone else use your store if it's so good? Google just lets everyone use their products however they want. As easy as it would be for them to go the Apple route - and make me hate them - they don't do it, and that's why they get my dollars.

I know you don't want to learn new apps, but this is so freaking easy. Just download iSyncr or Doubletwist... I can almost guarantee you that one of those will be so easy to use that you won't mind it.

Wait, what? On Android systems it doesn't remember your purchases if you ever moved to another phone? If that's true, that's a definite deal breaker for me. I hope he's just missing something.
That is correct. Android phones do not keep a list of all your downloaded programs like WebOS does. It's sad, but it's not the biggest deal in the world. You can still get all your apps back by downloading them again. I'm 99% sure any apps you pay for will still be free to you.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

That is correct. Android phones do not keep a list of all your downloaded programs like WebOS does. It's sad, but it's not the biggest deal in the world. You can still get all your apps back by downloading them again. I'm 99% sure any apps you pay for will still be free to you.

That is not quite true. Your app purchases are tied to your google account. When you get a new phone and sign in and go to downloads in the marketplace you will see all your purchased apps and can just click on them and redownload them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke