Didn't get an Evo? Radioshack is taking pre-orders again.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If you didn't get an Evo at launch, we're taking pre-orders starting now, for the next shipment coming in on June 11th. I figure most here probably got a phone, but if you where late to the party I just thought you should know. :)

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Or check with your local Walmart. I called one yesterday at 2:00 and they had 8 in stock. I was the first buyer that day and the 2 Sprint stores and the Best Buy within 2 miles of the Walmart were sold out.

itzhobbes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd avoid the RS in the Queens, NY area. The store I went to, they wouldn't let you purchase the one w/o purchasing the $100 RadioShack warranty. The employee's at the store that I built a rapport with even showed me the company email that was pushed out to the store stating that they are NOT allowed to sell the phone without the warranty. The guy basically told me to either take it or leave it since the phone is in such high demand.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd avoid the RS in the Queens, NY area. The store I went to, they wouldn't let you purchase the one w/o purchasing the $100 RadioShack warranty. The employee's at the store that I built a rapport with even showed me the company email that was pushed out to the store stating that they are NOT allowed to sell the phone without the warranty. The guy basically told me to either take it or leave it since the phone is in such high demand.

I went to the Astoria Radio Shack on Steinway (Just off of 30th ave) and it was great. No one forced anything, we were first inline and were out with 2 EVOs on a family plan in 35 minutes. So that Queens RS was awesome.

Last edited:

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Sprint store in Las Vegas on Craig and Simmons made me buy a bundle just to get a damn case. I have an I/O EVO and have everything I need, screen protector, mobile charging setup. I have an HDMI cable on order. But to get a hard case, I had to buy an HDMI cable and screen protectors as well. I hate when companies pull bull**** like that to raise sales. Good business practice is to make bundles a deal " you can't refuse". But to literally do so is not cool. And brick and mortars wonder why we forgo them for online stores that don't play such games, or surprise us at launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781