Poor coverage

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
wow thats seems almost to high, maybe a defect? Did you try rebooting? I have pretty poor service in my Apt. because of the building materials, but cell standby is only at 20% ... but also 99.9% of the time in my place i am hooked via Wifi maybe try that

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah that where I found it, my signal sits at 2 to 0 bars and at work nada. It was not like that with the pre I might have to call sprint. I even drove to the tower to with in 100 yards and still only got 3 bars.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Oh then that does not mean you don't have a signal 94% of the time... Just means that is using a lot of battery with the cell radio turned on. By any chance are you leaving 4G on constantly?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
rem, are you missing calls or unable to complete calls? Is the data slow or does it take a long time to connect? I'm just wondering if "what you're seeing is what you're getting"?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
rem, are you missing calls or unable to complete calls? Is the data slow or does it take a long time to connect? I'm just wondering if "what you're seeing is what you're getting"?

Again, what he is seeing is cell standby battery usage and not that he is without service 94% of the time. And if nothing else is running but the cell radio that is probably accurate.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't know, took it off the charger about 6pm yesterday and with light to moderate use and then leaving on all night it just now displayed the low battery indicator.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Don't know, took it off the charger about 6pm yesterday and with light to moderate use and then leaving on all night it just now displayed the low battery indicator.

Of course after all night of sitting with only the cell radio on (using battery) will it display what you are seeing. That's what I've been trying to say. It's normal.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
ok, but the one thing that worries me is at work my pre was set to sprint only and it would be at 1-2 bars(all concrete shop) and now the evo says off line.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Well if you have no service that has nothing to do with cell standby %. If you continue to have poor service I would suggest replacing the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital