The Official I have dropped my Evo Thread -

Have you dropped your Evo yet?!?

• Total voters

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I can see why a screen protector is needed as I have a scrath right in the middle of my Pre screen. Although, I haven't seen a screen protector yet that u couldn't tell was installed so I've decided not to use one anyways. I want the screen to look awesome, not like some 9th grader that tinted his own windows.

The other hard cases I don't get at all. So you completely cover your phone to keep it free of scratches yet it's always covered so who cares? It's like a bra on a car hood. It keeps it from getting chipped but you never un-cover it so why do you care? Re-sale value? So basically, under your scuffed up case is a pristine phone that never sees the light of day? Also, with all of the talk about the thickness/thiness of the phone (especially compared to an iPhone) why ruin it by making it thicker?

Not trying to bash I'm just curious as to why people do it.

People that resale their phones like to keep them in pristine condition.. At least thats my reason... I usually never make it to the end of my contract with the same phone if I even get a contract at all and of course people are not going to want to pay top dollar for a scuffed and scratched phone..

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The phone is pretty toug I have no cases or screen proecters the other day I took my phone out my pocket somejow it flew out in thr air landed in neighbors concrete yard only a tiny chip on corner

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive dropped my evo twice from about 4ft, once onto a concrete parking garage floor and the other time onto black top, it survived w/o a scratch both times, but lol I do have a Seidio innocase on it

lvdata

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I haven't, but the lady at Best Buy dropped it 2" to the table while activating it. I jokingly asked can I have a new one? She got the deer in the headlights look in her face, so I let her know I was kidding, but she did apparently have a customer who wanted a new device. Mine works fine, and I know it can survive more, I just don't want to find out the hard way.

azrickster

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Dropped mine, well sort of. I was texting while in line with my son for high school registration yesterday. One of his friends apparently speaks with his hands! Smacked my hand so hard, my EVO went flying about 15 feet landing on the cafeteria floor. I use my EVO naked (keep it in the messanger vertical pouch went not in use) and it landed on its back and slid across the floor another 6 feet or so.

I was so amazed that there were no scratchs anywhere, couldn't believe it - not even on the camera lens. Really glad it landed on its back. Everything seems to functioning well so far.

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It was on my desk and I fumbled it picking it up. It landed screen-down on the edge of my keyboard from about 2 inches up. Now there is a scratch on the glass from a plastic keyboard key. errrrr... I thought the glass would be tougher that that.

NorthBayX415

May 18, 2010
Visit site
its been 2 months, and i finally dropped it!!!! sad part about it is that it was in the htc belt holster. but it landed on one of the coners which isnt covered!!! its slightly scrapped and you can see the red underneath the black :( ill upload pics i was sad ruined my day

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
damn some of you people are hard as hell on your phones.

I have one drop: Sat it on the arm of the sofa and my 2 year old knocked it onto the hardwood floor. Luckily I had JUST that day installed the active case. it landed on one of the rigid corners with no damage at all. I love this case.