I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I want to set the speed dial #2 to a specific contact that I have. But it won't let me do it because it's already programmed as *2 Sprint Customer Service. I try to delete it, but that's not an option. Any ideas???
    06-05-2010 10:44 AM
    I agree this is starting to drive me nuts.
    06-05-2010 12:39 PM
    I tried filling the queue to see if it would bump the first two that I dont need ( VoiceMail and Sprint Customer Service) . Lets hope someone finds the way here. Its poorly executed from a user perspective.
    06-05-2010 04:18 PM
    we all must be blackberry users...I quickly learned it just doesn't work that way, for everything..right now i just scroll to the left once from home page and click one time on my favorites the person I want to call..it's just as fast as clicking phone and holding down speed dial if not faster.

I ran into this issue and posted on SU but no one knows how. its just not an android thing I guess...#1 and #2 are locked in and it sucks cause I don't need either...especially having visual voicemail
    06-05-2010 04:34 PM
    I'm with you. I never call Sprint customer service. I hope someone finds a way to get them out of my #2 spot!
    06-06-2010 11:14 AM
    My #1(voice mail) isn't even MY voice mail. It dials a number to the US Virgin Islands. Going back to Sprint on Monday for assistance HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    06-10-2010 08:15 PM
    Get speed dial old school from the market. Worked for me. Plus it allows up to 99 speed dials.
    06-11-2010 02:59 AM
    My #1(voice mail) isn't even MY voice mail. It dials a number to the US Virgin Islands. Going back to Sprint on Monday for assistance HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I had this problem as well. I ported a new number, and my phone never updated to the correct VM number. The guy at the Sprint store called up CS for me and did an edit-mode change on the number (by the way, the code was ##020533##), then rebooted. I think I also had to change my VM settings to call the right number when I open the VM shortcut, but that was easy.

And I also hate that the #2 speed dial is CS. It should be my wife!
    06-11-2010 11:30 AM
    I had this problem as well. I ported a new number, and my phone never updated to the correct VM number. The guy at the Sprint store called up CS for me and did an edit-mode change on the number (by the way, the code was ##020533##), then rebooted. I think I also had to change my VM settings to call the right number when I open the VM shortcut, but that was easy.

And I also hate that the #2 speed dial is CS. It should be my wife!
    Shouldn't she be #1? Just trying to keep you out of trouble.
    06-12-2010 12:08 AM
    On the old PalmOS, these were stored in a text file that was editable with the right program. I suspect if you are rooted and NAND unlocked, you could do the same, but there sure doesn't appear to be an easy fix. Stupid Sprint. You don't need speed dial for a 2 digit number.
    07-06-2010 05:22 PM
    You can change the voicemail number that oas dialed in the main phone settings.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G.
    07-06-2010 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD