Pre Defectors How long did it take you to stop doing swipe gestures?????????

alister

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also miss the little bounce I got when I arrived at the bottom of a page that was my confirmation 'yeah, that's really the end of your options' after swiping past the end of something.

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I did it for the first couple of minutes, but since, I'm used to the EVO. The back and home button are efficient in their own way. My wife still has a pixi and I'm not pretty good at switching seamlessly between the two.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i dont got my evo yet but i swipe every screen i touch these days, touchscreen or not. my dad has a bb tour and i forgot that its not a touchscreen sometimes, and when i look at my ipod touch i try even more.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Must admit to missing some of the little habits that the Pre introduced to my mobile life. When trying to activate the phone at Best Buy I ran into a little problem and wanted to go back to the previous screen or start over. Gestured away and hit just about every button except the back button (what does that thing do?). Felt kind of silly when I had to give the phone back to the salesman for him to help me. You'd think that would set in buyer's remorse. Probably would have if the last thing I didn't see on my activated Pre was a "Too many cards open" error while waiting for my EVO appointment. Rather have Android's navagation IU than Pre's problems.

photoblogger

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
implement Palm Pre back/delete swipe gestures as top level Android hack?

Isn't it possible for an Android app developer to whip up some "gestures overlay" which might implement these desired features on the Android? I love Pre's list swiping to delete/archive emails and texts, and I can't stand the "old school" Android and every other platform I've seen way of doing it. (click icon, click ok to confirm)

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I did it for about the first two days. Now, I forget how to use the Pre, when I pick it up. Caught myself last night waiting for a keyboard to pop up on it, so I could type!

Sent from my eVo

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Took me a few hours on the very same day I got my Evo. However... sometimes I catch myself trying to swipe up to unlock the screen lol, but that's about it.

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Evo since launch and I still find myself swiping occasionally. It probably doesn't help that I use my Pre as my mp3 player either. And I have the feeling that if HPalm announces a phone I like in February I'm gonna be stuck in this vicious cycle of switching from Android to webOS each year... yay for Sprint's Premier Customer upgrade perk. :D

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm really glad I'm not the only who has done this!! I've had Android for months and I still find myself trying to swipe away gestures, swipe away apps, and swipe up to unlock the phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci