Google Calendar Fail? I hope not

madigan5

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So it populates my calendar, but fails to bring over the "other"calendars I signed up for...these include sports calendars (Detroit Tigers, USA World Cup, etc).

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? On the EVO I go the option to add calendar and nothing shows up...I've even went on my netbook and unsubsrcibed and then re-subscribed and that did not work. I really would like ALL my calendars to be sent over...please someone help if at all possible.

Thanks for everyone who has assisted me so far with other things, this forum is priceless.

madigan5

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No, still not working. I go to setting within the calendar to see "all calendars" and they are not showing up. Is it something to do with these sports calendars and the fact that they can't be shared in this way? Its the ONLY issue I'm having with this phone and I wish I could figure it out. Here's hoping someone has an answer for me...thanks

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Not any solution for you but where do I find the WOrld Cup calendar that you are trying to pull? I've been looking for one and I'll see if it syncs on my EVO.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be the phone, it's the calendars on Google. It looks like some of them are incomplete.

I tried to subscribe to the Cubs calendar and it's only picking up like one game per week on the phone or the website. However, all the Blackhawks games show up on the calendar fine.

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site
have u tried going to settings then accounts and sync choosing ur main google account and press sync now button?
also go to calendar app and then menu..more..calendars.. and then see if the spirts calendar is checked

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just added the World Cup calendar. The games show up on my online google calendar but are not syncing to my EVO either. And it doesn't show up as a calendar when I go to menu>more calendars. :(

bigblue4ever

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So it populates my calendar, but fails to bring over the "other"calendars I signed up for...these include sports calendars (Detroit Tigers, USA World Cup, etc).

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? On the EVO I go the option to add calendar and nothing shows up...I've even went on my netbook and unsubsrcibed and then re-subscribed and that did not work. I really would like ALL my calendars to be sent over...please someone help if at all possible.

Thanks for everyone who has assisted me so far with other things, this forum is priceless.

I remember having this same issue on the PRE and iPhone. It has something to do with those calendars being HTML??? Thats what the people who know this stuff on the other boards said.. It a shame because those are handy..Too bad they won't sync.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you only have one gmail account with all the calendars on it? I know I have had a little problem with multiple gmail account calendars and being able to see all the shared calendars of all the gmail accounts on one device.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if in the case of the World Cup calendars it is because Google is getting the info directly from Fifa and the coding there won't sync. I did find that by cliking on the game in my calendar I am given the option to copy the event to my Google calendar. Not ideal but that's what I did for the three teams I am following this Cup.

madigan5

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, it hurts to take no for an answer on this but I guess I will have to. Seems crazy that they're google calendars and they don't sync with a google OS.

Oh well...thanks for everyone's help here

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site
ok i think i found a answer if you go to calendar settings and them click on one of the calendars not syncing like world cup or baseball you will see toward the bottom that there is a small button that says HTML i think html calendars cant sync to ur evo or any android phone but if they have xml or ical icons they can sync

if you want a world cup calendar that syncs here you go
just make sure you are logged in on ur computer to google calendars and click the google calendar button at bottom right of the page and then go to ur evo and then to account s and sync settings and find ur main google account and press sync now then go back to ur calendar and u got world cup calendar on ur evo

here is world cup calendar
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rp57smf89rsb1hgo09abvq1mhg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Bucharest

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if you guys also need to sync ur personal gmail calendar and if you have a google apps domain calendar you want to sync let me know i was able to finally sync both accounts calendars to my evo

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site
ok to be able to sync you google apps domain calendar as well you will need to enable Google Sync on your google domain
then you will have to add the google domain account you want to sync
use the Mail app and choose Exchange account and put in your login info then press Manual Setup and then on that screen delete where it had your domain as the server and type in m.google.com
then check the ssl checkbox and press next it will authenticate then it will ask you if you want to sync your calendar, email and contacts for that google domain account i chose just to sync the calendar since i am using the Gmail app for the email on that google domain account

if you have any other questions let me know

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
ok to be able to sync you google apps domain calendar as well you will need to enable Google Sync on your google domain
then you will have to add the google domain account you want to sync
use the Mail app and choose Exchange account and put in your login info then press Manual Setup and then on that screen delete where it had your domain as the server and type in m.google.com
then check the ssl checkbox and press next it will authenticate then it will ask you if you want to sync your calendar, email and contacts for that google domain account i chose just to sync the calendar since i am using the Gmail app for the email on that google domain account

if you have any other questions let me know

Both calendars show up on the evo in a single calendar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton