Gorilla Glass

ggee6688

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Just incase anybody cared. I got this response from HTC. I liked the gorilla glass on my other products so I am sure itll be the same with this guy.

Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Support via E-Mail with your inquiry about the glass on the EVO 4g. Yes the EVO 4g has gorilla glass. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Really?

My screen protector's been pretty much non-existant to me so far.
And my glass seems great. But are you sure that's right? The Evo 4g can't have gorilla glass, surely...

My Pre loved scratches... glad it won't be the case with this phone.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...really? You should Email them back and ask them if they are absolutely sure!

Didn't someone here report that they already scratched their Evo when he stuck it in his pocket together with some keys?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
NO the EVO DOES NOT have gorilla glass..No HTC android phones do. Corning the makers of gorilla glass have no agreement with HTC in place as of yet...To the OP you posted what appeared to be a response to an email, yet it showed no copy and paste just you typing in your own words. Not that I dont believe HTC would just give a BS response because they have in the past.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
NO the EVO DOES NOT have gorilla glass..No HTC android phones do. Corning the makers of gorilla glass have no agreement with HTC in place as of yet...To the OP you posted what appeared to be a response to an email, yet it showed no copy and paste just you typing in your own words. Not that I dont believe HTC would just give a BS response because they have in the past.

Yeah I am with you on this. I really doubt they use Gorilla Glass. I find it VERY weird how their is video's already for the Dell Streak and it's Gorilla Glass but nothing about Gorilla Glass on any HTC phone.

YouTube - Dell Streak Gorilla Glass stress test by TechRadar

Edit: So who is gonna be the brave one and try it out? =D

Last edited:

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, how can we confirm this Gorilla Glass for the EVO? Who want's to key scratch test their brand new EVO screen ? :)

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that my Pre was scratched up already after two days, and my EVO is not. Who cares if it's "Gorilla Glass" or not? It seems pretty scratch-resistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech