Transferring Movies to my EVO

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I looked and can't believe I havent found this topic ... What is the easiest way to transfer movies to my EVO and what file formats is the best with what compressions ... Is this going to be EVO specific or is the answers apply to all Android devices. Thanks for your help

Maybe I should through ALL media in this thread ... ;)

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been wanting to ask the same question. Last night I put a digital copy on my PC and copied it to my SD card. I see the memory space taken up on my phone now, but I can't find the movie anywhere. Any ideas?

I hope this isn't hijacking, I just thought this would be easier than starting my own thread and it seems on topic.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I searched the app forum and found the following process: (took 2 minutes)
Use Handbrake to convert files into the proper format (mp4)
Use Doubletwist to sync, or just drag and drop the files

Should work nice, but the .avi encoding process looks like it is going to take a long time to complete...kind of surprising that it would be that long.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I went the double twist route and I am not having any luck transferring over any of the videos I paid for on itunes. It is giving me a "we cannot play this file format" or something along those lines. Not sure what the problem is. I sent double twist tech support an email about it yesterday and haven't heard back yet...hopefully this is an easy fix since I have plenty of videos on itunes.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I went the double twist route and I am not having any luck transferring over any of the videos I paid for on itunes. It is giving me a "we cannot play this file format" or something along those lines. Not sure what the problem is. I sent double twist tech support an email about it yesterday and haven't heard back yet...hopefully this is an easy fix since I have plenty of videos on itunes.

I believe that's the DRM. I'm having the same issue. Anyone know of a Free DRM remover? Tunebite has worked in the past but pricey.

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I do not think there is a FREE route, I too use tunebite and it is worth the money. I also use it to download subscription based music and strip the DRM off so I can keep the songs

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I just downloaded Handbrake to do a sideload of the movie I want in My phone ... The question is ... Does Handbrake rip the movie and convert it or do I need to find another program to rip the movie to my computer then use handbrake to convert it to my phone?

UPDATE: Handbrake is only a converter softeware it DOES NOT copy or rip movies.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech