Videos loose sound after being transferred to the computer

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
We should collaborate. When I transcoded some files with Handbrake they played fine on my computer, but when I tried them on my Evo, I could hear the sound, but the video was missing.:eek:

I found a suggestion in this thread:
Android Forums

Which is turn cites this one:
Handbrake Forum

Start with the Normal preset.
Go to advanced options, set the bframes to 0 and uncheck CABAC
If source is DVD, add decomb default and detelecine default in picture options
If source is HD change anamorphic strict to loose and lower resolution to 800 wide.

Which seems to be working. Trying some more encodes to see if I get consistent results.

I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of encoding video, but apparently saying "supports h.264" doesn't tell you everything you need to know. There are levels of h.264, and it looks like at least under some circumstances, Handbrake can spit out encodes that the Evo can't handle.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
When I transferred some vids from my EVO to my computer, the graphics were there, but the sound was not.... Help?

Just for clarification, the suggestion I posted is in case others are having MY problem. It's unlikely to address your sound problem.

Your problem: I'm wondering if (by analogy with my problem) the sound track on your files is just encoded in a scheme your desktop understands, but the Evo doesn't. Try passing it through an encoding tool, and make sure the sound gets encoded as AAC stereo.