Fring Buddies

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to get fring tested out. Im not going to lie, I am clueless as to how this thing works, hell I have never even used skype before.

So if someone wants to give this a go, PM me and I'll share my user ID or email which ever one that it requires to call me.

We could get this thread going so everyone can test it out since Qik has failed on us for the moment...

Maybe someone that has got this to work can share how, thanks.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Me and ratboy4 just had a video call, worked pretty good.

I was able to get it figured out, forgot about that damn menu button.

jdnmusic

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok SOMEONE please tell me how to get the damn front facing camera to be the one it uses! I finaly figured out fring using skype on it and it worked great EXCEPT it was using my rear camera. ARRGGGHH!! and qik sucked balls for me

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok SOMEONE please tell me how to get the damn front facing camera to be the one it uses! I finaly figured out fring using skype on it and it worked great EXCEPT it was using my rear camera. ARRGGGHH!! and qik sucked balls for me

There is a setting somewhere, Im sorry I cant be more specific but I remember it gave me the option to select front or back camera... I believe it was in the Qik app though, so try to switch it in there and give it a try.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
If anyone wants to try and hit me up on fring, my id is the same as here.. Haven't been able to find anyone to test fring with yet.. and am wanting to try Skype out as well.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If anyone wants to try and hit me up on fring, my id is the same as here.. Haven't been able to find anyone to test fring with yet.. and am wanting to try Skype out as well.

Says your not online... Sign back into Fring, my ID is the same as here.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ratboy4 fringed me from his iPhone yesterday aswell , the camera on his end wouldn't work tho .... let's keep this going so everyone can try video chat out !

jdnmusic

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting somewhere, Im sorry I cant be more specific but I remember it gave me the option to select front or back camera... I believe it was in the Qik app though, so try to switch it in there and give it a try.

Yep I tried that, and it didn't work. Is anyone else using Fring with Skype and getting the front camera?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You find anyone to test it out with yet? I'd like to test out fring as well.

I setup a freebie Skype account for my Evo and used that to "chat" with my desktop Skype..

But feel free to add me to Fring, I'll help you test it out. Those who have added your FringID to your posts, I've added you to my fring.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37