EVO & HTC Sync

lugnut

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with an EVO been able to sync Outlook Contact & Calendar successfully? I can not even get my EVO to connect to HTC Sync. It keeps saying that its disconnected while its connected via USB. I can mount as a drive, and it that works, but just cant get HTC Sync to work. Has anyone got theirs to work?

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
maybe this will help

I was having the same problem, so what I did was install the HTC SYNC that is stored on the SD Card that came with your evo. When you hook up your evo to your computer choose the option to use the "mount as drive", then install the HTC SYNC to your computer. When done, disconnect your EVO, then open HTC SYNC. Then connect your EVO and it should open up. Hope this helps.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah open it up and use the drop down option on the phone and select the HTC sync
option. Had the same problem yesterday. I successfully was able to sync my Outlook
contacts onto my phone.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting also. When I first tried to connect there was some driver wizard open from during the install and until I cancelled out of that, the phone device would not show up.

I downloaded 2.0.33 from HTC (I was told 2.0.31 was on the card, but I formatted that. OOPS!) and that worked fine also. Before I did the sync I adjusted the settings and rules to sync calendar and contacts.

drgnlover

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After I copied htc sync from evo to my pc I couldn't get it to work properly..
I had to uninstall and reinstall. It took me a minute to realize that I had to right click run as administrator (win 7) after that I didn't have a problem..

Reactions: Rochelle Dahl

homer2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem, so what I did was install the HTC SYNC that is stored on the SD Card that came with your evo. When you hook up your evo to your computer choose the option to use the "mount as drive", then install the HTC SYNC to your computer. When done, disconnect your EVO, then open HTC SYNC. Then connect your EVO and it should open up. Hope this helps.

same here and it worked great

lugnut

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah open it up and use the drop down option on the phone and select the HTC sync
option. Had the same problem yesterday. I successfully was able to sync my Outlook
contacts onto my phone.

One of my PCs just wont let it connect. Although I can mount as drive. I am following all the steps correctly, plug it in, choose htc sync, etc, with no luck.

I tried it on a 2nd PC and it will connect, but it keeps wanting to sync with Outlook Express, and not Outlook. I cant figure out how to get it to switch to outlook either, because its not listed in the options to sync with (in manual settings). Starting to get aggravated...

lugnut

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see your post which was earlier yesterday. I don't know if you saw my post on the HTC Sync program. HTC posted a new version for the EVO 4G.

My post was named: HTC Sync for the HTC EVO 4G now available

Here is the link to the HTC link:

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Downloads

Thanks for the link for the updated software. Unfortunately I still have the same results. I follow the directions exactly, I have turned off my firewall, and antivirus while installing and testing and I can not figure it out.

The second PC i mentioned still can not find Outlook. It only will sync with Microsoft Address Book (outlook express) which I do not use.

Anyone have any ideas? I am fairly computer savvy so its not like I don't know what I am doing.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link for the updated software. Unfortunately I still have the same results. I follow the directions exactly, I have turned off my firewall, and antivirus while installing and testing and I can not figure it out.

The second PC i mentioned still can not find Outlook. It only will sync with Microsoft Address Book (outlook express) which I do not use.

Anyone have any ideas? I am fairly computer savvy so its not like I don't know what I am doing.

I had no problem with it and I used it with Outlook 2010. When you plugged the evo in, did you set it to HTC sync first on your phone. Once you did that, it should install a driver on your computer(if you had already installed the new version of HTC Sync on your computer). After that, open HTC Sync on your computer, if it hasn't opened automatically already, and then set up what your are syncing to, which would be outlook. You should be fine after that. Let me know if it works

Alavaz

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having similar problems as Lugnut, whereas my Evo is unable to find HTC Sync on my PC. I have followed instructions exactly as posted from many of you but I have no luck. I'm running on Vista 32-bit OS on my PC and have installed HTC Sync v:2.0.35
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Since you are using outlook I would export your contacts to a .csv file and import those into google. This would at least get all of your current contacts on the phone.

lugnut

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem with it and I used it with Outlook 2010. When you plugged the evo in, did you set it to HTC sync first on your phone. Once you did that, it should install a driver on your computer(if you had already installed the new version of HTC Sync on your computer). After that, open HTC Sync on your computer, if it hasn't opened automatically already, and then set up what your are syncing to, which would be outlook. You should be fine after that. Let me know if it works

Yes I have done all that just like you said. The phone can not fine HTC in the PC. And the PC says "disconnected" in the lower right corner.

Now my 2nd PC that does recognize the phone, what you described is correct, but I only sees Windows Address Book, and not the Outlook Address Book. I dont understand why it would find one and not the other.

Thanks for trying to help.

Since you are using outlook I would export your contacts to a .csv file and import those into google. This would at least get all of your current contacts on the phone.

I have done what you said, but I would like it to stay updated without having to do all of that manually. Thanks for the tip anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have done all that just like you said. The phone can not fine HTC in the PC. And the PC says "disconnected" in the lower right corner.

Now my 2nd PC that does recognize the phone, what you described is correct, but I only sees Windows Address Book, and not the Outlook Address Book. I dont understand why it would find one and not the other.

Thanks for trying to help.

Which Outlook are you using? Also, for me it didn't work the first time. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it on the Computer. Then I restarted the phone, shut off and turning on. I connected the USB and when on the phone the selection pop up, Charge, mount, HTC Sync and one other, I hit HTC Sync and the drivers started to load on the computer. I opened up Sync on the computer and manually did the sync. Now it works perfectly fine. You might want to go on the HTC forums for help.

Here is the link. It seems some people are getting working and some are not.

HTC Community

luv2byte

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I dl'd Hot sync from HTC site then followed instructions, rebooted & no issues...except now I have double everything since my calendar was backed up to Google..UG!