HTC Sync for the HTC EVO 4G now available

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this shouldn't be in the app area forum, but I wanted all those that have the HTC EVO 4G, like myself, to know that HTC has released HTC Sync for the HTC EVO 4G. Best of all, it is free.

What is HTC Sync?

HTC SYNC UPDATE FOR EVO 4G (SPRINT) (2.0.35) | 06.04.2010
HTC Sync™ lets you synchronize Outlook and Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), contacts and calendar events on your PC with your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well.

Installation Instructions:

Version: 2.0.35
Hardware Requirements (PC)
1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
50 MB of available free hard disk space
USB 2.0 is required
Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
Windows Vista 32-bit version
Windows Vista 64-bit version
Windows 7 32-bit version
Windows 7 64-bit version
Installation Instructions
Click Download below to download “HTCSync2.0.35.exe” to your PC.
Run “HTCSync2.0.35.exe” to install it to your PC (Suggestion: Please close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync)
From your PC, launch HTC Sync, and use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (if the phone is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure).
On your phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to confirm if HTC Sync recognizes the phone.
The first time you synchronize the phone, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync. (If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize now on the HTC Sync screen.) After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap “Synchronize your phone with Windows” to connect to the PC
On your PC, follow the instructions to finish the wizard on the HTC Sync screen.

Here is the link:

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO?„? 4G (Sprint) - Downloads

Last edited:

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
thanks for posting but USB wire sync is so 90's.

Do you have a better free option? I am looking for free option. I know about Missing Sync for Android (that is 39.95). Are their other options in the marketplace or for Windows itself?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a better free option? I am looking for free option. I know about Missing Sync for Android (that is 39.95). Are their other options in the marketplace or for Windows itself?

When you say better, what functionality are you looking for that HTC Sync doesn't provide?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
When you say better, what functionality are you looking for that HTC Sync doesn't provide?

All I want is Contact, Tasks and Calender. Don't really need anything else. Two way sync would be nice. HTC Sync is fine, but I was answering the other person saying connecting with USB only is archaic. Doing the same thing as HTC Sync but also wireless, would be a nice extra feature. But, I don't want to have to spend $40 to buy it.

Coming from the Palm Pre, is used Chapura Pocketmirror. If I would buy a new solution, it looks like their is only two choices, The Missing Sync for Android or Companionlink. Both are $40. I would rather have a free version or less expensive version of software that does the same thing.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
All I want is Contact, Tasks and Calender. Don't really need anything else. Two way sync would be nice. HTC Sync is fine, but I was answering the other person saying connecting with USB only is archaic. Doing the same thing as HTC Sync but also wireless, would be a nice extra feature. But, I don't want to have to spend $40 to buy it.

Coming from the Palm Pre, is used Chapura Pocketmirror. If I would buy a new solution, it looks like their is only two choices, The Missing Sync for Android or Companionlink. Both are $40. I would rather have a free version or less expensive version of software that does the same thing.

have you considered ditching Outlook and just using The Google and Thunderbird with Zindus and Lightning Add Ons?

Thunderbird - It’s All Yours

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
how do you guys all access your PIM data on the PC? just via Gmail within a web browser?

IMO Gmail via browser is kind of slow with Contacts - i get some latency. using Chrome browsers helps a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy