Touch buttons on bottom stay light?

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm seeing over on SprintUsers that people are reporting their touch buttons on the bottom stay light when the screen is off. One guy said his wife's phone doesn't, but his does..

Any of you experiencing this?

If there's another thread, just link me to it, thanks.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just found out that they do stya on at night, as long as the battery isn't charged all the way

if you have it plugged in and charged all the way, the buttons deactivate at night

skyheli

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That is kind of dumb that is needs the battery full charge for the button lights not to come on. I dont charge it overnight. I keep it charged during the day.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
my capacitative buttons also stay lit all the time when on standby, whether it be night or day. i thought it was 'expected behavior' but now i'm not so sure. i wonder how much battery juice it uses?

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard any news on this? I just got a new EVO today and mine doesn't do it. But when my brother was putting his next to mine in the dark I noticed his bottom buttons stay on (very dim but still on) even when the screen is off.

Is this something he should be concerned about and try to get the phone replaced over?

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Same here, when phone is on, screen off the lights stay lit. Has to be really dark to notice but I dont have any issues with battery. Phone has been unplugged for 17 hours and still at 40% with a good amount of use.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's weird because my EVO doesn't have that issue at all.. I'm wondering if it is something normal with the first batch of EVOs (my brother got his launch day).

If anyone has any info please chime in, I don't want him to have to deal with taking it to Sprint and let the moronic techs deal with something that isn't a big deal or not a damaged/defective phone.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm confused. If I charged an EVO up in the car, the lights would go off? That wouldn't be too good for road trips at night. Can someone confirm this?