Anyone else NOT having light leakage by the capacitive buttons?

Have light leakage?

• Total voters

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
:)I remember Phil mentioning that the Evo had some light leakage near the capacitive buttons, but I for one can't find the slightest hint of it on my Evo. As a matter of fact, im typing this right now in the darkness of my room and NOTHING!! Maybe Phil just got a bad review unit? So my question is, how many of you out there actually DO have leakage?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
None here.
Kind of glad the Evo doesn't have a widespread hardware problem.

Jeez, cause everyone back in the day had a double-stuffed Oreo with the Pre. :)
Black slab > moving parts.

Reactions: verwon

texasboylaw

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the leakage on mine. I notice it in the dark under the home and search button. It's not to bad though. But you clearly see it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt call what I have light leakage, but if you look at it from the top down, you can see the lights for the buttons. But normal head-on viewing is perfectly fine.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
None that I can tell, but then again, I have the Innocase II on mine since I bought it.. I took it off and still not apparent light leakage.

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing, I went to check mine after reading this thread and was happy t see no light leaking whatsoever... and then I realized that I have a Sedio Innocase II on it, so even if it was leaking, the case would block it.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
No leak on the two i have in the house. Gotta say, HTC knows what they're doing when it comes to putting hardware together.

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I've have some leakage under the home button and a little under the search button. Here's what it looks like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dave650

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
for those that DO have it, take a look at the screen from a side view, is it slightly raised where the light leakage is? all around my evo screen it is slightly lower than the bezel, but on the bottom left near the home button (where my little leakage is) the screen is actually slightly above the bezel.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
does the ring around the buttons change colors? because in one it's orange, the other is white.

if yes, does it change to any other colors?

I think in the first picture, the backlight is turned on, while in the second, it's off.

It doesn't change colors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908