So I think I accidentally declined a privacy notice when I went to open the market today on my HTC Evo 4g and now I can tap the market icon but nothing happens and I cant figure out how to open it. Any advice? Thanks for your help.
    03-06-2012 10:55 PM
    OK, my friend just showed me that they changed the name to Play Store and the Android Market icon is dead but there is an icon the Play Store and that works. Why would they do that? Idiots.
    03-06-2012 10:59 PM
    OK, my friend just showed me that they changed the name to Play Store and the Android Market icon is dead but there is an icon the Play Store and that works. Why would they do that? Idiots.
    Well, they revamped the Market, so they have a new icon with a new link.

The old Market version was 3.4.4 This new version is 3.4.6
    03-08-2012 12:08 AM
    My market asked me to accept permissions, I accepted, and nothing changed. Market icon is still the same, version 3.4.4, the shortcut works, says market and not "play" on the header in the market & on the shortcut. Sooo, does this mean I haven't gotten the update yet. I thought when I clicked the permission thingy it would update it.?... I'm confused. I cleared data and cache and powered down phone with no luck. Any suggestions?
    03-08-2012 07:01 AM
    My market asked me to accept permissions, I accepted, and nothing changed. Market icon is still the same, version 3.4.4, the shortcut works, says market and not "play" on the header in the market & on the shortcut. Sooo, does this mean I haven't gotten the update yet. I thought when I clicked the permission thingy it would update it.?... I'm confused. I cleared data and cache and powered down phone with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Go into settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Google play store and make sure you have version 3.4.6 installed with that new icon in your app drawer. If not, reboot your Evo...

03-08-2012 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the help. No, according to the app it's still 3.4.4 . Guess I have to wait until it pushes to my phone. I just got excited when it asked me to approve Google Play. What do you mean by reboot? I already shut it down. The only thing I haven't done is a forceclose, Should I foreclose the market. Right now I can't choose Play, just the Market. And can I ask... How in the heck are you doing screen shots on an EVO? Thanks again for your input...
    03-08-2012 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the help. No, according to the app it's still 3.4.4 . Guess I have to wait until it pushes to my phone. I just got excited when it asked me to approve Google Play. What do you mean by reboot? I already shut it down. The only thing I haven't done is a forceclose, Should I foreclose the market. Right now I can't choose Play, just the Market. And can I ask... How in the heck are you doing screen shots on an EVO? Thanks again for your input...
    A reboot will force the Market to update the Market app. To reboot, with your Evo on, hold the power button down till you see a sub menu pop up. Select power off, then after the screen goes black, hold the power button down to power up to the splash screen.

I am using an app called Screenshot It, the paid version. It works on most unrooted phones also. There is a free trial version in the Market, to make sure it works on your phone before paying for the app....
    03-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Thank you so much.... Market updated to Play and says I have version 3.4.7 now... Now I font feel left out
    03-09-2012 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD