Sprint Store vs Best Buy

garynky

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
In what form do you get the rebate on the EVO from Sprint? AT&T rebates have been in the form of a VISA card. I've nearly always had trouble with some stores not accepting them, and, they have a deadline by which they must be used.

This has me thinking of going to Best Buy for an instant rebate. However, I'm not well-versed on any pitfalls that go with a Best Buy purchase.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Gary

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does- I returned a Blackberry within 30 days. HOWEVER- do not confuse Best Buys policies w/ sprint. I'm a Best Buy silver member and get 45 day return policies- but SPRINTS policy is 30 days. You need to follow the sprint policies.

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If I get an EVO at Best Buy, can I get TEP through Sprint, or do I have to get the Best Buy insurance?

You can get TEP even if you get it through best buy just call Sprint if you can't add it through your account on the web

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's all on preference. I used to buy at the Sprint Corp. store but I've had terrible customer service with them and for the most part their employees are not educated on the phones that are available. They're only quick to sell what's new. Also, getting my phone serviced was a pain. I did not really mind the rebate. Rebates came in roughly ten weeks after you send it in the mail. I got email confirmation that they have received my rebate and will mail it within 6-10 weeks.

As for best buy, I bought my Palm pre there and had not hassle. Customer service was great and the employees were knowledgeable with the phones and threw in the pros and cons to each. This is something I thought was cool of them. I do my research on all the phones I get and am interested, and knowing that the sales rep knows what's up is also good to know. The instant rebate was great! Before I did not mind rebates but getting it instantly was awesome because you can use the extra money on other things.

As for as the 30 days, I originally bought my pre at the Sprint Corp. store. After getting really bad customer service when I wanted to return it because of hardware issues, I was told that there was a re-stocking fee. That was a pain, but also what made me not want to go to Sprint's corp store again. So I went to Best Buy. At Best Buy my sales rep informed me that there are no re-stocking fees when you return your phone within 30 days.

For insurance, it's up to you. I used to go with the Sprint insurance, but every time my phone would get serviced, they would not be able to fix it and either offered a less expensive phone that was not on the same level as my phone being serviced or refer me to call a third party company. Too many headaches at the corp store. Also, they have different tiers in their insurances. So depending on what you pay, your phone will be insured for that. Kind of like a car; do you want liability or full coverage.

For Best Buy they offer a black time insurance plan that covers your phone of damage even if it's you fault for only ten bucks a month. I felt that I had piece of mind with that. Best Buy does offer the Sprint insurance too if you like that better. I had a bricked pre and they were able to replace it with ease.

For me I've had less hassle at Best Buy than Sprint, so that's why I go there. I hope this helped.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Go best buy. Idk if you checked stock at sprint but at my store they were sold out forever. I was on a waitlist for two weeks and nothing. Finally I found stock at best buys site so I canceled the sprint one and ordered from best buy and it came just two days later.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of the input. Just wanted to make sure there were no compromises by going to Best Buy. I've been on the waiting list at Sprint for a week, but happened to call a Best Buy after a coworker got one there and they had a dozen in stock. If they still have 'em I will head over today.

dwilli

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know BB had an "instant rebate" setup. I got a BB Curve 2 yrs ago at BB bc the Sprint store was sold out indefinitely...45 miles to the BB and I'll go back the next time bc their reps knew more about phones and Sprint's plans than any Sprint store employees ever have. And they seem to have better inventory too.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of the input. Just wanted to make sure there were no compromises by going to Best Buy. I've been on the waiting list at Sprint for a week, but happened to call a Best Buy after a coworker got one there and they had a dozen in stock. If they still have 'em I will head over today.

i feel there is actually more compromises going with sprint store. are there any benifits to using sprint?

best buy has more stock and an instant rebate.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, my trip to BB yesterday left me shaking my head.

BB Associate: 'Sup?

Me: I own a Pre and will be qualifying for my upgrade on July 1st. I have a few questions. I assume the upgrade to the EVO will be relatively smooth?

BB Associate: I guess it can be.

Me: I have read that the EVO is in short supply. Should I put my name on a list or something like that?

BB Associate: The Sprint stores are all out.

Me: Okay, but should I put my name on a list here to have one held for me for July 1st?

BB Associate: I guess you can do that.

Me: Okay. Who do I see to do that?

BB Associate: Well, I guess I can take your name. Do you want a case, too? You can buy that today.

Me: No, I want to get the phone first.

BB Associate: We don't have any today.

Me: (sigh) Thanks for your time.

BB Associate: Bye, dude.

Another quality customer experience at Best Buy.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It depends on where you live.. If you go to an indirect sprint store in the midwest for example, you get instant rebates.

Best buy isnt the only place that does it..

Sprint CORPORATE stores almost all of them do mail in rebates..

Also the rebate comes in the form of a check in your name. Took me 15 business days to get mine which was surprisingly fast

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, my trip to BB yesterday left me shaking my head.

BB Associate: 'Sup?

Me: I own a Pre and will be qualifying for my upgrade on July 1st. I have a few questions. I assume the upgrade to the EVO will be relatively smooth?

BB Associate: I guess it can be.

Me: I have read that the EVO is in short supply. Should I put my name on a list or something like that?

BB Associate: The Sprint stores are all out.

Me: Okay, but should I put my name on a list here to have one held for me for July 1st?

BB Associate: I guess you can do that.

Me: Okay. Who do I see to do that?

BB Associate: Well, I guess I can take your name. Do you want a case, too? You can buy that today.

Me: No, I want to get the phone first.

BB Associate: We don't have any today.

Me: (sigh) Thanks for your time.

BB Associate: Bye, dude.

Another quality customer experience at Best Buy.

Sorry to hear that. There are douches everywhere I guess. Try Radio Shack or Sprint

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
JERAVICIOUS, that sounds like my typical experience at the local Sprint store. I'd rather drive the extra distance to go to one of the non-city Best Buys than the conveniently close Sprint store near me. Went to pick up my EVO at Best Buy on launch and had no problems (except a too many cards open error on my Pre) but decided to grab the white accent case from the local Sprint store. Day and night experience. Had the case in my hand and went in line to purchase only to have two reps walk away from me to go to a sign-in list to help other customers. Not one mentioned that I needed to sign in just to purchase the case, or even took the time to just ring up the case. Finally, one of the nicer reps took care of my purchase after seeing me standing in line like an idiot. That's my typical experience in Sprint stores in my area. In my experiences, Best Buy reps seem to be more knowledgeable about the product and have no problem going the extra mile which leads to great customer service. For instance, talked to a Best Buy mobile rep today about the differences in EVO screens for about twenty minutes. He know about the situation and actually was well informed as we looked and compared 002 and 003 EVOs. I'll always go the extra distance to a suburban Best Buy versus a local Sprint store any day of the week. Guess I could get the same customer service at a suburban Sprint store, but haven't come across one that seem like a full fledge Sprint store and the mall stores usually have the typical mall kid who would rather me anywhere in the world but there.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01