Corner of the screen is loose

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The lower part of my screen is starting to sit a bit higher than the top and I've noticed some light leak that wasn't there before - though it's only noticeable when using the phone in complete darkness at this point. The main concern, obviously, is the situation getting worse, such a predicament to be in, particularly when deciding whether to go ahead and put a screen protector on it or not.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The lower part of my screen is starting to sit a bit higher than the top and I've noticed some light leak that wasn't there before - though it's only noticeable when using the phone in complete darkness at this point. The main concern, obviously, is the situation getting worse, such a predicament to be in, particularly when deciding whether to go ahead and put a screen protector on it or not.

Now that I looked at it. I have the same issue as you. :(

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't hinder use of the phone at this point. I decided not to get TEP with this phone though, so I hope whatever fix might eventually comes out it happens within the warranty period (is that a year?).

Worse comes to worse, buy a case that hides the seam between the glass and the case, haha!! I also have easy access to all kinds of epoxy material at work, so if it gets really bad I can probably do a fix myself.

I'm also not concerned about the screen protector making it worse - as I got one that doesn't use any fluid for applications - but rather I wouldn't want to waste a screen protector that might go back for replacement.

berrymods

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The seal is actually a thin layer of foam with adhesive on each side. Heating it up may create more problems.

I have the same issue as everyone else. I will be taking it back in at some point, but I want to sit it out and see if HTC comes out with some sort of statement/fix or wait for more unit's to be manufactured in hopes that they changed the seal in the new units.

I keep waiting for dust to make it's way into the unit. So far none yet.

I wonder if using a blow dryer to heat up the glass/adhesive and push down and hold it until it cools would help.. Anyone?

Darth Duane

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I usually never get insurance on phones, but I may get TEP on this one at least for a few months to see if this becomes more of an issue.

I started with no light leakage under the buttons and over a week of use i now have some light leakage and the right corner is slightly raised.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why are people "self-repairing" a phone with a warranty? I'm not even talking about the Sprint insurance. You have a *factory* warranty. Do you really want to risk voiding the warranty and not getting a replacement phone when HTC fixes this problem?!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Why are people "self-repairing" a phone with a warranty? I'm not even talking about the Sprint insurance. You have a *factory* warranty. Do you really want to risk voiding the warranty and not getting a replacement phone when HTC fixes this problem?!

Amen to that. Best wishes to those courageous experimenters, but I wouldn't think about trying any self repair under this circumstance.

By the way, I doing this entry on my mobile, flying to DFW. Trying out GoGo Inflight - too expensive for regular use (for me), but I had to try it. It's pretty good, although there are some restrictions.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

QFT.

Seriously folks, be careful- there is no reason to try to fix this bad boy yourself, you're probably going to void your warranty, and might make it worse.

I plan to deal with it until it gets to the point where it impacts the functionality or starts to bug me, then take it to sprint and have them repair/replace it.

Bottom line- if its so bad you're thinking about attempting a repair just take it to sprint and let them fix/replace it!

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, well I got a call from HTC regarding this issue. They are calling everyone who has had this issue with the screen. He wants pictures and other info about your phone to see if they can narrow it down to possibly a bad built batch from a certain date frame, or if it's just a overall bad design..

A interesting thing one of my buddies told me was, he doesn't have any issues with his phone, his is hardware version 0003, mine is a 0002. I'm curious to know if this has anything to do with what we are going through.

I'm going to make a new thread to reflect a poll for that question, and just chime in and let me know if you have 0002 or 0003 hardware versions. Thanks guys!

bozman42

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, well I got a call from HTC regarding this issue. They are calling everyone who has had this issue with the screen. He wants pictures and other info about your phone to see if they can narrow it down to possibly a bad built batch from a certain date frame, or if it's just a overall bad design..

A interesting thing one of my buddies told me was, he doesn't have any issues with his phone, his is hardware version 0003, mine is a 0002. I'm curious to know if this has anything to do with what we are going through.

I'm going to make a new thread to reflect a poll for that question, and just chime in and let me know if you have 0002 or 0003 hardware versions. Thanks guys!

I just got a call as well from what I presume is HTC, they only left a name and no phone number. I missed the call, but he said he would try back tomorrow.

My phone is Hardware version 0002.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
My previous Evo was a build 0002 Version. I got a replacement from sprint for the screen issue as well and my new one is build 0003. For information

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair