Taking a lot of Photos how do i name them ....

anew4g

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone just got a evo 4g from htc. I take a lot of pictures for work and when i get home have to upload them for reports. The problem is when i take the pic on the phone it displays something like pic6, pic7 etc etc when it saves the photo. After i download them to the pc or just link to my phone to grab the photos to upload the naming is way different. Is there a QUICK way to name every photo so i would know what is what when i look at the photo folder on my phone? The only way i found takes about 5 steps for every photo and was hoping there was another way.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just view them by thumbnails? On your PC, just right-click anywhere in the list of files (not on a file, but in some white space) and change it to view by thumbnails or icons. Or you can do it from the View menu along the top of the screen.

Is that what you mean, or am I misunderstanding the issue?

anew4g

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks EM I know how to see em and every thing else. The problem is many pics are very similar and have to be matched with entries on paper. So is what i would like to do is take a pic and name it so that when i later looked at the names on a pc or in the folder on the phone the names would still be on the photo. is there a quick way of naming a photo you take with the phone and saving that photo with that name. thanks

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks EM I know how to see em and every thing else. The problem is many pics are very similar and have to be matched with entries on paper. So is what i would like to do is take a pic and name it so that when i later looked at the names on a pc or in the folder on the phone the names would still be on the photo. is there a quick way of naming a photo you take with the phone and saving that photo with that name. thanks

You can rename photos easily, from the camera app.

After you snap a pic and the pic has moved to the thumbnails on the bottom left, tap the thumbnail, tap and hold on the photo thumbnail, then select Details from the pop up menu, then tap the box next to the thumbnail, rename it and tap ok.

After that, tap the camera icon on the bottom right to snap smore pics....

pjdfla

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
your not alone, take a lot of pics and have to sort them after and the assigned names are Ridiculous!!! HATE IT!!! If you come up with a fix please post it.
The above fix doesn't work on the Moto X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463