HTC EVO's maximum SDHC write speed?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Expecting my new HTC EVO 4G via UPS tomorrow. I've been shopping around for a micro-SDHC card... My question is does anybody know how fast the maximum write speed is on the HTC EVO? I'm wondering if I'd be over-doing it if I were to purchase a 16GB Class 10 card. I'm looking at class 10 mainly for recording 720p video. However I'm not sure if the phone can actually write the data at 10MB/sec.

Haven't seen anybody mentioning benchmarks yet so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance,

- Mitalis

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I havent thrown a video up on my tv to watch it, but I am only using the class 2 card it came with, and it seems to work fine for recording video.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure what the max write speed of the HTC is, but if you are worried about the 720p recording don't be. In the users manual it states the the Vids are recorded at 6Mbps which is sad because that is well below the max write rate of class 2 (2MBps = 16Mbps) and the quality suffers because of that.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
But might not there be some cases where the higher read speed of 6x cards would be useful?

By the way if you were to record at 6 MB/s, the maximum rated speed of a Class 6 card a 16 GB card would be filled up in 16 x 1024 / 6 = 2730 seconds = 45.5 minutes, so you probably wouldn't want to record at that rate anyway.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
But might not there be some cases where the higher read speed of 6x cards would be useful?

Sure there are, I was only speaking in regards to the built in video recorder.

For example, I hear that a higher class card could potentially help once Froyo comes out since we will have to option to move apps to the SD card. The added speed could help them run smoother (at least for larger sized apps)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo