Next Sprint Phone??

mr0roboto

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions from all you experts out there.

I like my EVO 4G, but it's time to upgrade. I can hold out until the Fall, and I don't want to switch to an iPhone 5. I'm sticking with Sprint, I like HTC, but am not married to their phones.

Recommendations???

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Pretty simple decison. If you want a new phone now that is different enough from and better than your (and my) EVO, go get an Epic Touch.

If you want to get something much different and don't mind waiting until April or May, then get a Galaxy Nexus or the HTC One X version that Sprint gets - probably their next EVO LTE.

Wait even longer for the Galaxy S III, but I wouldn't. I would wait for the Galaxy Nexus and try it in the store to see if you like stock ICS. It isn't as intuitive as the Sense you may be used to, so try it. If you don't like it, you will probably love the next HTC LTE when it gets presumably announced at CTIA in a few weeks. I think that is my choice unless I think the Nexus is ok when it comes out. Both should be great but different user interfaces for sure.

darienjh

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
HTC One X goes to Virgin Mobile. and there phones are hardly ever on sprint. One X has already been announced it will be on Virgin Mobile. I wouldnt get your hopes up for it to be on sprint 100%.. Nexus is ganna be amazing <3 ganna be on both sprints LTE rollouts. :) you could also wait for the LG Viper to release. It has already been annouced on sprints network also, but nobody has heard anything about it at all!. It has 2.3 Gingerbread tho, and will most likely to get ICS.

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There are two HTC One phones. The V is headed to Virgin and it's probably the X that will debut on Sprint. Believe me, there are plenty of VM users that wish you were right.

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I killed my EVO Thursday, dropped it and knocked the backlighting out. It was going to be a few days for the insurance to get a new one out to me(can't go without a phone) so I paid ETF and bought a Galaxy SII. I went from a BB 8330 to the EVO, was like getting out of a 1978 Pinto and into a Corvette.The difference between these two can be compared to the Vette and a Ferrari.

If you can wait for the new phones to roll out, then wait and see. If not then go for the Galaxy SII. You won't be disappointed.

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 4G has been real good to me. I have upgraded once a year every year until I got this phone. I would wait for the Next gen that should probably drop over the summer. I am also interested in the next iPhone.

Question: Does everyone think the Galaxy line is better than the Evo phones?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 4G has been real good to me. I have upgraded once a year every year until I got this phone. I would wait for the Next gen that should probably drop over the summer. I am also interested in the next iPhone.

Question: Does everyone think the Galaxy line is better than the Evo phones?

Are you asking then if you would rather have a Nexus S 4G over an EVO 4G? I wouldn't.
And would you rather have a Galaxy Nexus over a presumed next EVO LTE? I wouldn't.
And would you rather HTC made the next Nexus device rather than Samsung? I would.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful. There's something coming to Sprint, but it isn't a Jet.

Yeah my info was gotten from a another website. pdanet.com or something. In any event I feel lg makes low end devices for sprint. Samsung would be ok but I like HTCs design and ui. I'm good with my rooted evo until the next HTC device comes out on sprint. It's funny because my buddy on Verizon complained yesterday that Verizon comes out with phones so rapidly that he already feels like his Droid 4 is old