You left the iPhone for Evo. Does the iPhone 4 make you want to go back?

What do you think about the Evo now that the iPhone 4 has been announced?

• Total voters

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope not at all. A lot of what apple announced is already on the Evo. Plus I prefer the tighter integration with Google. IMO.

phonefusion

Nov 14, 2008
www.T4Show.com
Not from what I just watched. The choice I need to make is between the Nexus One and EVO. I have both and am still within the return window for the N1. I think I'll stick with the EVO, especially with AT&T data caps.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I've always been in the love with the iPhone.. but I grew tired of the same old product, lack of customization, and Apple's hitlerism approval crap.

What happened this year? Same as last year, minimal improvements that are hyped up to be bigger than they really are.

Don't care for the new design, and the screen staying the same size is a major fail even with the much improved resolution.

I'll be sticking with my Evo.. and enjoying not dropping any calls.

trojandnc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I never had an iPhonie. Plus I wouldn't give up my Evo-licious for nothin'. Now ask all the new iPhonie takers the same question in August when they get their first $300+ bill from at&t after uploading a couple of us vids.

The stuff is too funny.

GSDOUBLEU

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have an iphone 3GS and was waiting to see what Iphone 4 had before i jumped ship to the EVO, and it didnt impress me, im getting an Evo

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As I tweeted when this dog & pony show was over: Apple's "one more thing" is a video chat app that only runs over WiFi while any other capable phone can do it on 3G. #applefail #gameover

I just wonder if the normally Apple-worshiping tech media are going to call this BS out or whether they'll hail something that Nokia phones have done for years and every other phone can do over 3G as something magical just because Apple has done it?

Imagine if at Google I/O they showed off an Android phone that could only work on WiFi with a matching model phone. They'd be laughed out of Nerdville. But since it's Lord Jobs telling us that if you're good little robots and buy the one model of phone that can only call the same kind of phone, it's a good thing. Right.

The extra layer of irony frosting is that he was blathering about "open standards" and then showed a feature that only works on his phone under certain circumstances. Whut?

bpmurr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
From the live blog and now some first hand impression articles I'm not going back. It's just more of the same at higher res.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a buddy that came down for the game and he's been an iPhone user since day one.

He checked out my EVO and was impressed, but he said if anything would make him jump ship, it would be the data cap AT&T is implementing.

And I'll bet you $20 that the WiFi only video chat is because of AT&T's new cap.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I still have 7 weeks for my VZW contract, I was going to see what Apple put out, but it's not groundbreaking. Now I'll just have to decide between the EVO and the new Moto Droid coming soon.

leonffs

May 13, 2010
Visit site
AT&T in New York is just unbearable. At least 20% of my calls didn't go through, and all of my calls had loss of voice signal in the middle of calls or just plain dropped. I used to live in Florida and had no problems with the ATT service, but in New york it is downright awful. Sprint service is excellent in New York, and im loving my Evo (except the battery life..). So I'll be sticking with the Evo, and getting a larger battery :)

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was reading on some Apple-related and Pre-related sites, and it's interesting to me how many people are blinded to the Evo only because it's not an Apple/Palm device. It's nice to see people who are enlightened enough to go beyond what they're used to and to embrace a new technology/OS/paradigm.

Boowalley

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Not at all. I hate the badge notification system on the Iphone OS. I love the pull down shade thingy that the Evo has. Whenever you get a notification on the iphone you have to stop what you're doing to dismiss the badge and plus everybody see's your message. Palm Pre's notification system is pretty cool too. Also since using the Evo 4G, it makes the text in the iphone look too puny. I'm eligible for the early upgrade and AT&T is gonna really hit me in the head with the $325 early termination fee. But I'll pay them back in installments.I also bought a Hdmi Cable and extra battery for $19.99 apiece from iGonemobile.com.

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This Apple stuff is getting old. Fact is, people have been complaining for 3 years about its deal with AT&T and they do nothing about that. People have been complaining about lack of flash for 3 years and they do nothing about that.
For what it's worth, I think Apple is finally in second place. Android phones have outsold iphones since the beginning of the year (granted more of them are available from more carriers) but still, it shows that people are choosing Android over iphone at this point. An antenna built in as part of the casing of the phone? Funny...it will be interesting to see how reception holds up depending on whether you are holding or not holding the phone!
The iphone 4 is nothing to write home about. It really introduces nothing worth changing anything at all to get. Pretty much everything they have introduced on it has already been introduced on other phones.
Why on earth anyone would go back to the iphone and AT&T just to get this very minor upgrade is beyond me.

Last edited:

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Come on guys, the resolution on the screen is nothing to sneeze at! That being said, the screen size is just too small now. I couldn't go back to that after thud glorious screen.

I love the video chat only between iPhone4 users and only on wireless... so apple...

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Still have my iPhone, until August. Not going back to ATT, but I must say, the Evo's default mail client is rubbish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37