Suggestions for a Profile-changing app that will silence for Appointments?

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching the Market for an app that will auto-switch the phone profile based on appointments, i.e. make it go silent during a meeting, then back on automatically when the meeting is over.

So far, I've not had much luck. Anyone have one they like for such a purpose?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Locale with the Calendar plugin.. Checks my calendears, and when I have an appt. puts the phone on silent mode (vibrate only), and when I'm done, goes back to my"normal" mode.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Someone here brought Timeriffic to my attention. It allows you to set up when your phone goes silent and you can set it up on a daily basis. I have mine going silent during work and back to normal after work during the week.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Settings Profiles does this and a LOT more and for a heck of a lot cheaper than Locale. I actually have my phone set to a specific profile anytime there's an event in one of my calendars.
And it's got a widget so you can swap profiles on the fly, or if you're in a movie you can set it for a certain amount of time/specific time.
It's pretty awesome.

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas! Locale sounds nice, but $10 without a trial version sucks...

Timeriffic's weakness is that it's time-based only. Still, it would come in handy for silencing the phone during sleep!

Checked out Settings Profiles in the Market, and recent reviews are medium, with one person saying they can't even find the paid version in the Market..? Do you have the free or paid version?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas! Locale sounds nice, but $10 without a trial version sucks...

Timeriffic's weakness is that it's time-based only. Still, it would come in handy for silencing the phone during sleep!

Checked out Settings Profiles in the Market, and recent reviews are medium, with one person saying they can't even find the paid version in the Market..? Do you have the free or paid version?

I agree, I tried locale when they had a freebie, and it was pretty good, so I went ahead and actually paid for it.

Haven't tried Settings Profiles yet.. since I've got Locale doing more than just audio settings for me. I've got it controlling WiFi, sending texts, etc..

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought Setting Profiles and it's working really well for me. I have 4 profiles set up:

1. Normal: Everything On.
  2. Meeting: Everything is silent
  3. Car: Everything is on, the screen won't time out (so I can listen to my music without the screen locking), and the speakerphone/Handsfree is automatically used for calls.
  4. Night: Active between 11:30pm and 6:30am, which silents everything except the alarm clock and calls.

It's working well, but one question: Is there something like this that will also switch the "scene" as well? I have a Scene set up for my car (that includes all the things I would use while driving on the homescreen, such as navigation, music, and voice dialer. It would be nice if I had something like Setting Profiles that would also switch the scene (so when I select the "car" profile above it also switches to my "car" scene I've made).

Would also be nice if I could use live wallpapers with it, but that's minor.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Lite Settings Profiles (somehow that seems to read backwards), and it's great except for one thing: It doesn't have an option to change notification volumes. So I can make all my other sounds nice and soft, and still get blasted whenever I get a notification.

I've just downloaded an App called Audio Pro, which seems to have a lot of flexibility in settings, but not yet sure what controls it offers for changing profiles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12