06-19-2010 02:12 PM
256 ... 34567 ...
tools
    are you autokilling? I had atk set to autokill every time the phone goes into standby
    06-08-2010 12:19 PM
    I just have the security set high n kill apps manually. I didn't want nor know what to set it.

Any suggestions?
    06-08-2010 12:19 PM
    Well.. after 1 hour my phone dropped from 50% to 31%. With ATK on i went 5 hours with a 50% drop. Without ATK i dropped almost 20% in 1 hour. Same location, same set up, same weather, same battery.

I know there are people who will tell me its not the task killer its..... (fill in the blank).

For everyone else, i just say make sure you try it to find out for yourself... remember... set autokill to aggresive or crazy (i havent forced closed anything... in fact the only force close i got was when i was off ATK and yahoo messenger froze on me).

Good luck to everyone... got to go charge my battery and install ATK.
    06-08-2010 12:26 PM
    I just have the security set high n kill apps manually. I didn't want nor know what to set it.

Any suggestions?
    No.. not manual.. you're not getting anything really done that way... you have to set it to autokill.. i'll reinstall and give you the settings again.
    06-08-2010 12:27 PM
    Turn off 4G if you are not using it. That helps my EVO a lot.
    That made a huge difference. Yesterday I had a good 4G signal. Today it is really weak and EVO keeps searching. Turning off 4G and I've only used a few % of battery in the last few hours. Still over 90% left.
    06-08-2010 12:30 PM
    Ok.. so i install ATK and lo and behold look whats running:

FM Radio
    Sprint Zone
    Sprint Football Live
    Qik
    Calendar
    Footprints
    Talk
    News
    Camera
    YouTube
    Music
    MediaFly
    Internet
    Sprint Hotspot
    Voice Search
    Twitter
    Voicemail
    Sprint navigation
    Fring
    Clock
    mp3 strore
    facebook
    app brain market sync
    voice dialer
    market
    and ....
    ATK

So i immediately go to Auto kill Level and change it to Crazy (i believe aggressive is fine also)
    I the change auto kill frequency to "when screen is off"

(If you choose when screen off, it needs to restart to apply the change)

I changed secuity level to medium

I then killed all selected apps.. and turn the power off on the phone.

I restarted it back up and now only 2 apps running in background.

Messages and ATK
    06-08-2010 12:39 PM
    Ok are any of you guys that are having the battery problems seeing a weird drop when directly take it off the charger? Like immediately after I take it off the charger from being 100% overnight it will go down to almost 90% within like 15-30 mins of barely doing anything. Then it will slow down the decrease after that but why does the first 10 or so % go down so fast. I'm still on the fence about this battery!
    Edit/Delete Message
    06-08-2010 01:15 PM
    Update....
    This morning took the phone off the charger and had 100% charge. After 2 hours of minimal use it was down to 54%.

Since the 4G signal was really weak today I turned off 4G and recharged the EVO back to 100%.

Now after almost 5 hours with average use I still have 91% battery left.

Searching for that weak 4G signal was a killer. I have not changed any other setting.

Yesterday had a better 4G signal and therefore better battery life. Must be a solar flare or something.
    06-08-2010 02:09 PM
    are you autokilling? I had atk set to autokill every time the phone goes into standby
    I'm new to Android phones (6 year bb user)... is that in the settings of Advanced Task Killer? I'll play around and see if it is, I'm wondering if my not having a good signal at work is the culprit?

Oh also, would buying the 1750 mah seido battery help, especially if I happen to have one of the 'trouble battieries'?
    06-08-2010 03:00 PM
    Coming from a Pre, I'm getting incredible battery life. GPS, Wi-Fi both always on, 4G off. No task killer.
    06-08-2010 04:33 PM
    My battery life is awesome on my Evo I have learned to condition the battery. Even while surfing the net I dont lose alot of my battery life. I did everything I was told to conserve my battery and it has worked and I am extremely happy . I love my phone!!!
    I never did this with my Pre. I would always just connect it to charge whenever I could.

This time I am draining the battery until the Evo itself shuts down. Then charging it fully. I am not topping it off at all during the day as much as I can help it. (Have to charge when reading the SD card.)

I have the extra 1750mA battery and I am just swapping them as I go.

I am going to do this 5 or 6 times for both batteries per the instructions.

I think they are getting better but it may be all in my head. ii

After the 5th or 6th time I will top off, charge in car etc... I hope this helps.
    06-08-2010 04:39 PM
    Im at my wits end with this phone & battery life. I don't understand how ppl r getting 10-14hrs from single charge.

I thought I had a good run today getting 9hrs from a single charge, but after my second charge completely diff story.

1hr off the charger & battery is already down to 63%.

I have shut off 4g, gps, Bluetooth, autosync for news, Twitter, weather & only left Google to autosync.

I also unchecked always on mobile as well.

Running ATK as ppl suggested in this forum.

Do u guys think I have a defective battery or Evo?
    06-08-2010 09:30 PM
    Couldn't hurt if you have exhausted ALL OTHER OPTIONS. Swapping your phone isn't that big of a deal but keep in mind they are kind of hard to come by these days.
    06-08-2010 09:36 PM
    Wow, I'm going on 12h 40m and have 40% left.
    I have bluetooth on (Connected to headset)

Wifi on (Connected to work Wifi earlier and home currently),

GPS on (Did some google map searches earlier looking for a micro hdmi cable provider)

4G off (Poor coverage atm)

I've been installing apps, streaming pandora < 30 min today, surfing internet (prob around 1 hour worth), prob close to 1 - 1.5 hours of phone calls..

I have advanced task manager installed, but auto kill is off and haven't been using it to kill apps. I'm still new to the phone/operating system, so I don't have a lot of third party apps that I'm running yet, but have tried out a few to solve some issues I've run into and have installed some suggested on this site.

What apps to you tend to use? Since you have everything off, I'd imagine it's an app issue, heavy use (Compared to myself) or a bad battery maybe?
    06-08-2010 09:36 PM
    I would prefer to keep the phone, since there is minimal light leakage and I already have a full invisible shield on it.

But I think the battery performance is really subpar, unless 90% of people on the forum are lying, which I HIGHLY doubt.
    06-08-2010 09:37 PM
    Unless you are constantly using it with max brightness in a ****ty signal area I'd say return it.
    06-08-2010 09:38 PM
    1. give it a few cycles.
    2. nix ATK.
    06-08-2010 09:38 PM
    Improve battery performance on your HTC EVO 4G

Support - Article
    06-08-2010 09:40 PM
    What is your up time? A few people have the 100% uptime bug.
    06-08-2010 09:40 PM
    Turn off live sync with facebook if you need it. Battery hog at its finest!
    06-08-2010 09:42 PM
    What apps to you tend to use? Since you have everything off, I'd imagine it's an app issue, heavy use (Compared to myself) or a bad battery maybe?

This drain is from simply using the phone to surf the web.

The third party apps I have installed are:

1) ATK running to kill apps I dont use

2) Album Art Grabber

3) AP

4) AppInstaller

5) Astrid Tasks (running widget)

6) Astro

7) Barcode Scanner

8) Battery Indicator (running widget)

9) Brightness Level

10) Calvin and Hobbes

11) Color Note

12) Ebuddy (not running right now but usually in background)

13) Fandango

14) Fring (not running)

15) HistoryEraser

16) Kodak

17) Layar

18) Google Googles

19) Korean Keyboard for input

None of those apps are running right now, unless I indicate widgets.

I dont understand what the hell is draining the battery.

The only thing I can think about is the Korean Keyboard, but I only use it during emails and I doubt that it could drain the battery that bad.
    06-08-2010 09:43 PM
    Please list all 3rd party apps. For example, what is that battery percentage indicator at the top. Is it polling your battery constantly?

What is your backlight setting set to?

Are you using the stock charger/cable that came with the phone to charge it?
    06-08-2010 09:43 PM
    Please list all 3rd party apps. For example, what is that battery percentage indicator at the top. Is it polling your battery constantly?

What is your backlight setting set to?

Are you using the stock charger/cable that came with the phone to charge it?
    i have a theory that 99% of all problems are caused by user error.
    06-08-2010 09:44 PM
    Okay, try dumping ATK, Ebuddy, and Battery Indicator. My guess is Ebuddy is the biggest offender.
    06-08-2010 09:45 PM
    Craptastic F'ing Thread.

You couldn't have posted this in any of the numerous complaint threads about the battery? Take it back or quit fretting over it. Did it actually die on you? Quit watching the battery status like an expectant mother and just enjoy you phone. If you can't do that I'd suggest taking the phone back.
    06-08-2010 09:45 PM
256 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD