LOVE the phone... can't take the battery.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
For now I'm anti task killer apps. Too much controversy so far.

And why would I turn off 4G when I'm in a 4G area? Isn't that why I bought the phone in the first place?

Yes and no. Check ur 4g signal strength is ur Evo able to maintain a connection at all times? If not & its constantly searching for signal than it will kill ur battery. Searching & trying to connect to a network constantly will kill any battery.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand about the controversy. Yesterday i dropped 80% in 3 hours... today with antikiller on i've dropped 22% in the same time frame.... same location... If (and thats a stong if) I kill the battery today, then i'll take ATK off and try it without again.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Bad battery life here, but...

Signal strength in my home is 1 bar. Now I know this varies from device to device and one bar has been fine for phone calls etc, but someone mentioned that poor battery life is signal related.. I might have to agree. I'm really on the fence with the ATK because of what I've read and Vincent_Law says not to, and I listen to everything he says..................... ;-)

So for now, I guess I will wait patiently for my spare batteries and carry around my charging cord.

bk553

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Turning off "always on" net connection in wireless&networks>mobile networks helped me a lot, and I haven't noticed any ill effects at all.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok are any of you guys that are having the battery problems seeing a weird drop when directly take it off the charger? Like immediately after I take it off the charger from being 100% overnight it will go down to almost 90% within like 15-30 mins of barely doing anything. Then it will slow down the decrease after that but why does the first 10 or so % go down so fast. I'm still on the fence about this battery!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
4 Hour mark... battery at 70%!!!

Up time 4:02:36
Awake time 1:35:15
(Basically ive actively been using the phone 38% of the time its on)

One more thing... the last 15 minutes ive been using the phone as a hotspot (3G) and watching Lie to Me on Hulu... .while posting this reply

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I should add one more thing..... This is the same battery that couldnt get me through 4 hours yesterday. Doesnt seem so defective now.

aaronpaul

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I must be one of the few with no battery problems at all.. and I'm a heavy user.

I've been really happy with my battery life too, especially coming form the Pre. However, coming from a Blackberry it would be hard to get used to having to charge every night. My wife literally goes days without charging her BB.

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have also experienced issues with my battery. I have made some of the adjustments mentioned in this thread. Thanks to all that have added input to resolve this issue.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
4 Hour mark... battery at 70%!!!

Up time 4:02:36
Awake time 1:35:15
(Basically ive actively been using the phone 38% of the time its on)

One more thing... the last 15 minutes ive been using the phone as a hotspot (3G) and watching Lie to Me on Hulu... .while posting this reply

Are u just following the battery tips? Care to share ur settings? I'm doing better than yesterday but still dropping without using it.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are getting a weak signal, the phone is contantly searching for a better tower. For those having battery life problems, how many bars are you getting?

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't follow any tips. I'll only installed an task manager that shuts down any apps running in the background that is chewing up battery.

This is what i have running:
Google Talk (I keep it running all the time it serves as my new BBM)
Weather
FourSquare
News (syncs hourly)
Gmail (im guessing auto sync because emails come through with no delay)
Twitter (auto syncs)
Sprint Hotspot
Advance Task Killer Free
I am also using Yahoo Messenger i keep that running.
I've made about 6 calls... ive surfed i've watch a few you tube videos of the day (the general lee drunk driving one a few time).

Under Battery Status, I am currently at 55% (I may lose 20% this hour, but keep in mind im using the phone as a hotspot). My uptime is 4:44:53 and awake time is 2:10:25

Under accounts and sync, i check background data (i need my emails) i also allow auto sync.

I DID uncheck sync live feed under facebook for htc sense because i hate friendstream and prefer facebook for android... i do have sync contacts selected

Twitter syncs regularly... not sure what the time is.. but my @mentions come through almost instantly.

I also keep always on mobile data selected under mobile network settings (i know people say to turn it off....)

I just dont see the purpose of having to buy more batteries and carry around extra chargers... at 50% im uninstalling ATK to see the difference.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Last night I saw a post swearing that the problem is task killers and to just allow Android to manage things and turn off constant polling apps like Facebook. Then I come here and people are swearing that unless you use a task killer, you'll never have decent battery life. Which is it?

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be able to answer that very soon. since 12:20 i uninstalled advanced task killer.... I was at 50% at that time... i wont even bother telling you what im at till at least 1:20 (Here's a hint tho.... I'll be tossing it back on the charger around then)

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My battery has lasted a lot longer than yesterday, but its already at 50% with listening to music & browsing the web. But I cant believe its down that much while some r using it heavily.

The only installed app running is ebuddy and I have ATK n turned off 4g, location services, WiFi, Bluetooth.

caseydietz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are getting a weak signal, the phone is contantly searching for a better tower. For those having battery life problems, how many bars are you getting?

At my work, I get a very poor signal, 1 or 2 bars even though when I walk outside I get full 5 bars. I took the phone off the charger at 7:50 this morning and am down to 60% with just tweetcaster running, Gmail, chompSMS (maybe this is the culprit?), and Adcanced Task Killer...
No phone calls and probably about 25 emails thus far.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My Battery life couldnt be better :)

My battery life is awesome on my Evo I have learned to condition the battery. Even while surfing the net I dont lose alot of my battery life. I did everything I was told to conserve my battery and it has worked and I am extremely happy :). I love my phone!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21