keyboard layout

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change the layout of the keyboard? I keep hitting the back arrow when trying to hit space when texting in portrait.....driving me nuts

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change the layout of the keyboard? I keep hitting the back arrow when trying to hit space when texting in portrait.....driving me nuts

I keep having the same issue myself!

I checked the keyboard settings and didn't see an option other than "compact qwerty" which isn't the answer.

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You can grab an alternative keyboard from the market. Once it's installed, to to the keyboard settings page to turn it on as an option.

Then from any text box, just hold your finger on the 'tap to compose' and it will give you an option to switch.

So all that said, I've not figured out which one I want to switch to yet myself, but i'm plagued by the same problems :)

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
give it a chance i was doing that too now im getting used to it and its not so bad. but they could get rid of the arrow keys imo

drnez

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
BetterKeyboard is pretty good from the android market. Has a bunch of different skins to setup however you like.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is "Better Keyboard" working on the Evo now?

Edit: I just got Smart Keyboard Pro from the
Market and I'm pretty content with this.
The customization of the dictionary is absolutely
great. And I love the fact that I get AutoText.
One of the small things I missed about Blackberry.

Last edited:

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Swype is also pretty handy, but I have not tried it on the EVO yet! Has anyone else?

I was having difficulty adjusting to typing on this phone and Installed Swype(The Incredible release) and it works flawlessly, I am still adjusting and getting used to it but as the days pass I become faster and faster and really love it. Its actually the number one thing that impresses people and amazes them when I show off my EVO. Highly Recommend giving it a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173