Screen brightness fluctuation

CamaroHutch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a sizable fluctuation of the screen brightness on their EVO? It seems to happen constantliy regardless of the ambient lighting. It's quite annoying.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a sizable fluctuation of the screen brightness on their EVO? It seems to happen constantliy regardless of the ambient lighting. It's quite annoying.

I actually think it is exactly from ambient light. Changes in shadows and light levels will cause the screen brightness to change. Unless you have a light meter directly next to your EVO reading the current foot-candle level as being constant, there is no real way to tell it is not from ambient light fluctuations.

Does it do it in really bright or really dark light situations?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
With the auto brightness turned on, mine seems to adjust appropriately. This might be a silly suggestion but make sure you aren't holding it in a way that you are sometimes putting your finger over the sensor. If its really bad, maybe you have a bum unit.

tadrscin#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. It's exactly like it was with my BB which I never liked. I turned off the auto brightness and just leave it at around 25%.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine does it but only at work. I have flourescent lights above, a window behind and four computer monitors all contributing to the lighting conditions. And then when I pick up the phone, I create a shadow over it. Not annoying enough and at least I know that it's trying to compensate for different lighting conditions.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have Moto Droid.... Don't know if this'll work for you. But, give out a try....

Free app called "quick settings". There's an option to disable light sensor. I couldn't find any other way to disable it. Works flawlessly.

Check it out.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed anything. On the contrary, I was wondering if possible my ambient light sensor was not functioning. I have it set to Automatic. Guess it does though now that I hear this.

elmdark

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
All you techies take note. My N7's screen brightness was also fluctuating.
Being a retired, old-line mechanical engineer I took a very low-tech approach to solving
the problem. Using an alcohol wipe I scrubbed the area on the screen around the
light sensor (just to the right of the camera lens). I haven't had the problem since!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy