Disable proximity sensor while on a bluetooth call

WillJitsu

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am unable to pull down the notification bar while on a call using my Bluetooth headset. When my finger gets near the top of the screen, it trips the proximity sensor and blanks the screen. I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or something that I can fix. There are MANY times that I want to use my phone while I am talking to someone and it seems stupid to me that I cannot interact with notifications while I'm on the phone. Anyone else experience this issue and/or have any suggestions? Thanks!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
A workaround would be to drag down from the top right of the screen. The proximity sensor can be seen at certain angles. It's right at 1/3 the width of the phone to the right of the HTC logo.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
When you put the phone up to your ear/face when you are making a call you could potentially start pressing buttons or even accidentally pressing the end call button with your face. The proximity sensor detects when your face is close and will shut off the touch sensitivity so that doesn't happen.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A workaround would be to drag down from the top right of the screen. The proximity sensor can be seen at certain angles. It's right at 1/3 the width of the phone to the right of the HTC logo.

oh, hey.. is *that* what that ever so slightly darker rectangle is? I was noticing that earlier today.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
oh, hey.. is *that* what that ever so slightly darker rectangle is? I was noticing that earlier today.

I actually think it's circular in shape and there are two circles (or whatever shape) right next to each other. From testing while on a call, the left one seems to be the proximity sensor and the one right next to it seems to be the light sensor.

DrR10n

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've found that sometimes the proximity sensor disables when you are using certain apps (ie the stock browser) so i just try to select the app i want without tripping the sensory and then usually the screen stays on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463