Awake time equals up time

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching for the right place but I need to put this out. I'm having this issue with my awake time equals to the Up Time. I rebooted the phone this morning because both times were 48+ hours and now I'm approaching the 7th hour since last reboot and my awake and Up times are still equal to each other.

I need to find out what is causing this, it's been happening since I pulled out the battery because Qik messed up the camera and before then my awake and up times did not equal.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
People really need to stop listening to those conservative users and Google when it comes to Task Managers and forcefully killing apps.

Fact of the matter is, the OS is not as good as they claim in handling background apps. The insane battery life improvement people have gotten without causing system stability issues are proof that they work and should be considered.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
People really need to stop listening to those conservative users and Google when it comes to Task Managers and forcefully killing apps.

Fact of the matter is, the OS is not as good as they claim in handling background apps. The insane battery life improvement people have gotten without causing system stability issues are proof that they work and should be considered.

That may be true, but what I do know is the first couple of days I would try to actively close third party running processes that I wasn't using (mainly sprint stuff minus the updater, and apps i downloaded) and i had stability issues. Things like force shutdown randomly and a couple time my EVO froze up. The last couple of days I have let Android manage everything and I have had zero stability issues and my phone isn't running any slower.

Now I know that a couple of days is to short a sample period to get highly accurate results but I believe it at least gives a decent idea of how well Android does on its own. Maybe with a little more experience I could optimize my task killer process selection scheme but I am happy as is for now.

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, what rom are you running?

I've been battling a 100% uptime bug as well. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I still have it. Unless.. I fire up a task killer after boot and nuke everything. Then it seems to sleep.

There have been a few people who noticed that the Calendar is running 100% (use spare parts to hopefully see this). My first encounter with 100% uptime on the Evo was from the Calendar. I killed it and my phone went to sleep. The next time I noticed 100% wake, I no longer could pinpoint the Calendar as the culprit and killing it had no effect.

I have yet to pinpoint the problem and so far everyone who has heard my cry for help has blamed my software or hardware. It doesn't matter if I'm stock OTA, rooted with Unrevoked, or Toast root + some random ROM, I still have 100% uptime plaguing me.

So.. if I notice the phone at 100% wake, I fire up Advanced Task Manager and nuke everything. Then I go back to normal. I guess it's the curse of running Sense and I pray for the day when someone gets a 100% functional AOSP 2.1 or 2.2 install working.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue on one of my EVOs, and reserching so far has pointed to the calendar. I just turned off all calendars from the view except for gmail calendar and so far that has allowed it to sleep. This has only been tested for a few minutes though

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
My uptime and awake time are vastly different. Up is at 27 hours + and awake is at 8 hours.

Sounds like it's your phone and you'll need to do a factory data reset.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've also noticed that on the EVO where I am experiencing this the data usage (3G with the up and down arrows) is on most of the time. So far it appears to be related to the People widget.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I fixed mine by clearing the cache, etc. for Facebook for HTC, removing the account, rebooting, and then adding the account back. For some reason, the sync activities for Google kept running until this was done.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just took it off the charger after putting it on charge for night once I did the cache clearing mentioned in my previous post, and it's awake time was the whole time it was on charge. To fix that, I unchecked Stay Awake from Settings - Applications Development.

So far, it is sleeping as it should, and their is minimal data usage being reported.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I did a battery pull (Assuming that's hard reset), and after a little over an hour up Up time, my awake time is currently at 17 minutes, also I downloaded spareparts and when looking at the partial awake it seems the calendar was top cause. I'm hoping my phone will now sleep when the screen is off. I really have not yet found the cause.

Here is my list of apps (If this helps)

-Pandora
-Slacker
-Fring
-Meebo
-iheartradio
-LuciD messaging
-Mini-Info
-SpareParts
-Foursquare
-Magic Marker
-Papertoss
-facebook
-Touiteur
-Sprint Football
-Sprint cup Mobile

I took off the FriendStream and Calendar widget, Friendstream takes up space and I mainly use Touiteur for Twitter and Facebook for Android and Calendar I really do not use.

-Widgets-

-Music (MP3)
-Mini-Info

I don't use the bookmarks widget as I can just put a icon for the browser. I also no longer have the people (Favorite contact) Widget as well.

Hope this helps

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can someone in plain words explain to me what is up time and what is awake time. I have a pretty good idea of what it could be but will simply say I am not sure. I just need it confirmed to clear any doubts. I'm new to this smartphone realm so please bare with me...LOL :p

Thanks!

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Can someone in plain words explain to me what is up time and what is awake time. I have a pretty good idea of what it could be but will simply say I am not sure. I just need it confirmed to clear any doubts. I'm new to this smartphone realm so please bare with me...LOL :p

Thanks!

The up time is when the last time the phone was rebooted. The awake time is when the phone is not sleeping. The more awake time is used, more the battery will be lost. I'm new to the HTC world as well, maybe members here that had HTC more than me can explain better.