Please help terminal force close

kimmypooh

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I apparently installed a app that isn't playing well with HTC Sense. Now I have turned my phone back on and keep getting. Sorry The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.
I cant even get into the phone to uninstall the application.
Anyone got any ideas of what I can do?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have to do a factory reset: (you'll default the phone and lose anything you put on it)

Pull the battery out, put it back in after a few seconds

Hold down the Volume Down button, then press the power button

When it boots up you'll see a screen with a few choices, choose Clear Storage, use the volume down button to navigate there, then hit the power button to select, confirm with the volume rocker.

If you hit yes, the phone will be reset and boot clean like it was fresh from the factory.

Dick

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but I found a better solution than doing a factory reset on this kind of endless loop error.

I had the same error occur on an unrooted Evo. I was just flipping through the different pre-made scenes on HTC sense when the error occured. Rather than doing a full factory reset as suggested above, I was able to save my apps, settings, and data. Unfortunately this method will still clear your home screens and widgets, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

FIX: “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly”