Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and need some help. I have about 15,000 SMS or text messages. I am trying to figure out an efficient way delete my last year's messages. Right now it seems I have to do it one by one. I have read there is a way to export my SMS messages to Excel and if I could do that, I could reimport them back in. I just need some step by step instructions.

Thank you!
    04-13-2012 03:44 PM
    You have two options to delete older text messages. The first is to use the SMS Backup & Restore app to backup all messages to a file, transfer the file to your computer, open the file in Excel, delete all messages older than the desired date (or more than a specified number of messages per thread), save the modified data as an XML file and transfer it back to your phone. You will then need to delete your existing message threads and restore the SMS messages from the XML file in the SMSBackup directory. The process for restoring an individual thread is outlined in this Droid Forum post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/38024-app-export-import-sms-messages.html

A simpler option is to use Delete old messages to remove all SMS messages over 2 months old (the default setting). The paid version of Delete old messages allows you to specify the age of messages to be deleted.

Both SMS Backup & Restore and Delete old messages are available in the Android Play Store.
    04-14-2012 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD