I'm new to Android, so forgive me if there is an obvious solution to this.

Coming from an iPhone (Like many, I'm sure), I'm use to how it's lock screen works with phone calls. If my iPhone is "locked" (No password) and a phone call comes in, I still need to slide the slider to unlock before answering or answer through a headset while the phone remains locked. Also, if I make a phone call, I can click the lock button at the top to lock the phone to place it back in my pocket and when the call ends the phone stays locked.

These small features allows me to make/receive calls and not worry about pressing buttons while on the call or after the call has ended. I seem to be having a hard time getting the EVO to work the same way. I've tried an app called Screen Suite but was having some strange issues where the phone would still go back to the home screen and then after a few seconds the lock feature would kick in, but this seems a bit buggy and still allows for accidents. (Not to mention you have to juggle through two different type of unlock screens which I'm betting will get annoying after awhile).

Any suggestions? Am I incorrect/missing something?

Much Thanks
    06-08-2010 09:01 PM
    When a call comes in and you have the screen off you swipe down to answer the call and swipe up to ignore the call. Yes while on a call you can press the top button to lock screen.
    06-08-2010 10:17 PM
    Dunno...when my locked EVO gets a phone call, it prompts me to answer via a finger touch. Extremely simple. Doesn't yours do the same?
    06-08-2010 10:19 PM
    It it a flaw in the Evo. While a call is in progress,

Press the top button to turn off the screen and lock the phone.
    Press the top button again, and you won't be prompted to unlock the phone (by dragging the image down), as you would if a call weren't in progress.

It's a problem because the touch screen might become active if you put the Evo in a case during a call and the top button is unintentionally pressed. The Evo's lack of support for voice dialing via Bluetooth ensures that this will occur frequently.

Does anyone know whether it's an Android or an Evo issue?
    06-10-2010 04:36 PM
    I use the lock pattern feature under security. If I get a call while the screen is locked the call comes up, but after the call it goes right back to being locked and asks for the pattern. You can throw it back in your pocket that way. Hope that helps.
    06-10-2010 04:41 PM
    I'm just wondering who the hell beta tested the EVO phone ...
    06-10-2010 05:09 PM
    I'm just wondering who the hell beta tested the EVO phone ...
    Don't you remember... it was Oprah.
    06-10-2010 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD