Repeating e-mail notifications

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been having problems with repeating e-mail notifications in the Mail app? I have my Gmail account set up through Exchange because I prefer the Sense Mail app to the Gmail app, and I like the Mail widget. I made sure to disable all Gmail app notifications, but whenever I get a new e-mail the Mail notifications repeat several times. I've tried setting notifications as ringtones and as vibration and they both repeat. The same issue was discussed in this thread but no solution was posted, other than removing the Gmail account from the Mail app altogether. I don't understand why having a Gmail account in Mail would cause multiple notifications if the GMail app doesn't have notifications enabled. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I set up my Gmail account when I first activated the phone. I then also set up Gmail through Exchange because I prefer to use the Sense Mail app and widget. Since only the Mail app has notifications enabled I don't get why there'd be multiple notifications.

Edit: I just realized I can disable mail, contacts, or calendar of the Google account, so I unchecked Gmail. I hope this works.

Edit 2: Nope, even with Gmail disabled in the Google account, the e-mail notification repeats over and over every couple seconds until I open the Mail app.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma