Battery overheated

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok so all I was doing was charging my phone and I had mobile hotspot on but not using it and 4g was off and I went and looked at my phone and the htc sence home screens were overlaping then I had a red box on top and said tomany icons and I went to touch my phone and it was on fire. Has anyone had this prob happen to them and what can I do to prevent this

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
having mobile hot spot on and charging the phone at the same time will cause ANY phone to heat up like the way you just explained.... thats why many people prefer using usb over wifi tethering...

my advice to you is to download advanced task manager, make sure everything other then the mobile hot spot is closed, if you decide to charge and tirelessly tether at the same time

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
having mobile hot spot on and charging the phone at the same time will cause ANY phone to heat up like the way you just explained.... thats why many people prefer using usb over wifi tethering...

my advice to you is to download advanced task manager, make sure everything other then the mobile hot spot is closed, if you decide to charge and tirelessly tether at the same time

It is my experience that the phones run a little warm. I am pretty sure what you described is not normal.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
mine got hot from being in the car while i was out for an hour last night, the touchscreen wouldnt respond, so i just did a battery pull and it rebooted just fine,