Push to talk EVO?

jorge7993

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I stopped at a spring store yesterday to try to purchase and EVO. The store rep told me to wait about 15 days since they are going to add push to talk on the phone. Can anyone confirm this?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
push to talk is the scourge of humanity. save it for the construction site.

i despise that chirp and the morons who need to loudly PTT constantly via speakerphone everywhere.

jorge7993

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I was willing to wait for them to have them in stock , but since he notice that I use push to talk he told me to wait 15 days till its released on the EVO.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately, some of us are required to have it at our jobs.

ok well please turn down the chirp or better yet turn it off and stop using speakerphone everywhere and talking so loud. and tell all your PTT friends too. it's very annoying.

thank you!

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to take a guess, and say, either the rep was stalling, or it'll be a software preinstalled, in which case the rest of us would just download.. thinking more of it being a stall tactic.

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ok well please turn down the chirp or better yet turn it off and stop using speakerphone everywhere and talking so loud. and tell all your PTT friends too. it's very annoying.

thank you!

I going to grab a field pone from work find you and just ptt on speaker and talk about how annoying it is when people use ptt on speaker. Why cant you just ignore it? Getting all worked up over a chirp is silly, I assume your ringtone is not annoying at all???

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Geeeeze!!!

This is the first "techie" forum I have ever been on, even tho I was an electronic engineer for 35 years. Some of You guys sound like a bunch of 10 year olds!!!! Many of these threads are just a stupid waste of time - mainly to your employers, I would bet

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This is the first "techie" forum I have ever been on, even tho I was an electronic engineer for 35 years. Some of You guys sound like a bunch of 10 year olds!!!! Many of these threads are just a stupid waste of time - mainly to your employers, I would bet

Silly double E's with there maturity and what not

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They are coming out with a Motorola that has push to talk, but was not aware of this feature for the evo...I don't think it can support it based on the chipset structure.

I'm pretty sure it's done by a software app over IP.

Like it's not an actually radio technology like Nextel uses over on the iDen network. Basically an audio instant messenger client.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood