Office WiFi Requires Going Through a Webpage to Connect

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble getting on WiFi at work. When I turn on my Evo's WiFi at work, the network opens a webpage and I have to click on OK to acknowledge their conditions for service.

The problem I am having is when I open the browser it is usually on the last page I visited. It tries to open the old page but can't load it until I get a connection which I can't get until network's page is able to open. I am caught in a loop.

How can I clear the browser so the WiFi network's page can display?

Thanks,
An Android & Evo Newbie

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You need to find out what the address of that login page is, and navigate to it. It doesn't matter if you make the browser do what you want or not, it still won't load that login page by itself. (Note that this is a fail on your work's part, they could make this a lot easier by re-routing all sites to their login page until you login)

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you download, what I think is, the superior browser called Dolphin HD browser, perhaps that other window will open in another tab instead of a totally new browser window. Dolphin HD browser uses tabs and thus far anything that would otherwise open in a new browser automatically opens in a new tab so that way you can tab over to sign in. Give it a try.