Battery Poll

What battery route are you running?

• Total voters

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Simple question for those yearning to stretch the daily life of your Evo. I feel like polls are the best way for people who are curious about these prospects to sum up 15 pages of posts. So here's it.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using stock and thanks to everyone's setting advice I have managed to use my EVO for an entire day and night. That's with browsing, texting, IMs, minor calls and app fiddling.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just my own personal experience over the years with various Treo's, but I've found the extended -- same size -- batteries to be a total waste of $$, as they provided no noticeable difference.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
On my first day with the phone I managed to get a shocking 7 hours with heavy use tweaking things and getting to know Android. Screen on pretty much the whole time with a combination of 4G and WiFi running too. I was absolutely floored because my Pre would've been dead in half that time.

I've followed the "20 steps" list posted here along with some other suggestions from the board and don't use Bluetooth, which pretty much covers battery saving steps...no underclocking yet.

When I'm not using the phone, I seem to be losing 3 or 4 percent per hour. When I am using it, it seems to be around 12-15 percent per hour if my tests yesterday were any indication.

I'm guessing my day one experience was a fluke, but I'm definitely not complaining. Now on to day two.