Evo freezes when trying to unlock the screen?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This has happened only once so far. I tried to unlock the screen by swiping down, the thing moved a few pixels and then just stopped and didn't respond anymore. I turned the screen off with the power button and then tried pushing the button again to turn it back on, but the screen stayed off. Had to do a battery pull.

Did anyone else have this happen to them yet?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me yesterday ... Was pissed for a second then pulled the battery ... This better NOT be an ongong situation ... I LOVE this thing ... lol

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So far it has happened again. I am gonna stick to restarting the phone once a day, seems like a good practice.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday morning and I had to do a battery pull to fix it. However on the bright side after I did it, my battery life improved ten fold for some reason. After 8 hours or moderate use (making some calls, texting, downloading apps, etc.) I still had 3/4 battery life.

YeOj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to me as well... I've had it happen 3 times over the last 2 days. It usually happens when I go to unlock the screen. The screen will freeze , then go dark, and will not come back on until you pull the battery. I might do a hard reset to see if that resolves it. If not, I may have to contact Best Buy and see if they will exchange it before my 30 days is up. LAME!!!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me yesterday also. I tried to unlock swiping down, the screen locked, it went black, and wouldn't come back on. I had to pull the battery. Now my camera is having problems starting up. I am going to do a hard reset to see if it fixes things. We do have 30 days if their is a problem. It was working fine up until yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae