Hey guys, new to android but have done plenty of reading so far. Found 2 little annoyances and cannot find a solution for them. Both occur when plugging the phone in to charge. First is plugging in the phone causes my notification sound to play. Why??? My girlfriends moment does it too so I assume this is an android thing. Secondly, and more annoying, is the charging LED. It is super bright and lights up my whole room while trying to sleep. I have been having to put my phone face down which I really don't like doing. I have a zagg invisible shield so i know the screen is ok but would really prefer not to have to put it face down. Does anyone know a solution for either?
    06-09-2010 03:04 PM
    Dude I put mine face down all the time and I don't use a shield! Don't worry 'bout that.

The screen on this thing is virtually unscratchable because it's glass. My Pre after a week had a ton of little scratches, not so with the EVO.
    06-09-2010 03:10 PM
    The charging LED is not very bright, LOL!

Also, mine doesn't make a sound when I plug it in.
    06-09-2010 03:24 PM
    Mine doesn't make a sound either. And I also just put mine face-down. I did that for the year I had my Pre and never had a problem. If you're concerned put a small towel or something underneath it.
    06-09-2010 03:27 PM
    The charging LED is not very bright, LOL!

Also, mine doesn't make a sound when I plug it in.

same here
    06-09-2010 03:27 PM
    the invisible shield actually sticks a bit to the surface of my end table which if you have ever had one, will be very familiar to you. But point is, i would rather not have to do so if there is some way to turn off the charging led.
    06-09-2010 03:31 PM
    and mine did not used to make a sound plugging it in until i set a new notification sound using ringdroid.
    06-09-2010 03:31 PM
    Seriously, what kind of caves do you people need to sleep in? The charging light is not that bright. And I don't know about you but I have little lights all over my room from my tv, cable box heck even my smoke alarm has a little green light on it. None of these things are bright enough that if you close your eyes you can tell your room is not dark. Now don't forget your purse on the way out. j/k

Oh and my phone doesn't make a sound when I plug it in to charge
    06-09-2010 03:36 PM
    I hear you about the brite charging lite!! I just throw my dirty socks on the phone and go to sleep!
    06-09-2010 03:36 PM
    k think i figured out the notification noise after some of you said you didnt have it. it only happens if i have usb debugging on. as for the charging light, the phone is right next to my head on an even level when i am sleeping and the light is definitely damn bright. so forget the sound, is there anyway at all to kill the charging led?
    06-09-2010 03:57 PM
    My EVO"s notification LED illuminates at 300 foot candles but wait I only wanted it to illuminate at 200 foot candles. That's it I'm returning it! Unbelievable!
    06-09-2010 03:59 PM
    Way to kill the charging led = don't put it next to your head.
    06-09-2010 04:01 PM
    The notification LED's on the EVO don't bother me at all and they are actually no where near as bright as the ones on my Mogul. My Mogul used to drive me nuts, they were so blinding that I would have to turn my phone upside down while I was driving... and of course while I was sleeping too.
    06-09-2010 04:21 PM
    I would suggest not sleeping next to the EVO on the basis of health, you should give you body a rest from all the radio waves emitted from the device.
    06-09-2010 04:30 PM
    If you don't like the LED on the EVO, then you really don't ever want a BlackBerry! The light on my BlackBerry literally woke me up a few times blinking so brightly. In fact, my dog is scared of storms and would wine when it blinked in the middle of the night because he thought it was lightning!
    06-09-2010 04:38 PM
    ok, i get that the light is not a problem for some people, but it is a problem for me. so rather than arguing this point, or telling me it isn't and issue, please just give advice, if any, on how to disable it.
    06-09-2010 04:45 PM
    If you don't like the LED on the EVO, then you really don't ever want a BlackBerry! The light on my BlackBerry literally woke me up a few times blinking so brightly. In fact, my dog is scared of storms and would wine when it blinked in the middle of the night because he thought it was lightning!
    My wife's Crackberry is so annoying in the middle of the night. especially since she signs up for all those useless newsletters and coupon e-mails. Of course the come in in the middle of the night starting around 2 a.m.
    I finally made her leave it in the kitchen on the other end of the house.
    06-09-2010 04:49 PM
    My charge LED is also freaking bright ... try watching video with it plugged into a charger, it's crazy. It's pretty directional though, so it doesn't seem to light up my room at night. I too was worried about that. I have electrical tape over my PC's blue HDD led ... that thing is like blue lightning at night, damn.
    06-09-2010 07:32 PM
    I wish the charging light was my biggest problem...lol

Now how bout that wifi range and battery life...
    06-09-2010 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD