Watch your bill for upgrade fee

tech411

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Watch your bill for a upgrade fee. Sprint charged me $18.00 even though I am a Premier member. I quickly email them and they removed the fee.

luv2byte

May 20, 2010
Visit site
wait, so premier members dont pay the upgrade fee? even if I bought the phone through Radio Shack?

we upgraded 2 lines, added 1 new line. One upgrade through RS, one at Sprit Corp Store, and one the new line at a 3rd party retailer. I called Sprint to have my fees credited. The upgraded lines are elig for credit, new lines are not. I was able to get a $36 credit.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so whats the difference? i have been a premier member since it started and here is what my bill says

Device Upgrade Activation Fee $19.20
Well, I'm not entirely sure cause it always seems to be a different story when I upgrade or add new lines (e.g. I didn't pay any extra fees for my Evo).

But as far as I understand...

* You should pay an upgrade fee whenever you upgrade unless you are a premiere member.

* Sometimes there is an activation fee, but I think this may just be new lines??

If I were you, I'd call and ask it to be removed. They will often do it. If they don't...call back later and try again.

saxd45

May 19, 2010
Visit site
well it does say on the premier site that if upgrade "online" then there is no activation fee

since i bought at radio shack i think im outa luck

and i dont want to bring unneeded attention to my account, as i have a 25% discount that i shouldnt have

Lifendz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No upgrade fee but they got me on the 18 dollar activation fee. Once 4G hits NYC I plan on downgrading my cable package and opting for the 30 dollar Sprint wifi hot spot feature. Hopefully it's fast enough for online gaming. PSN: Lifendz

aaronpaul

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Same with me. I called them and was able to get the fee removed.

Looking back at my bill though I just noticed that I was charged twice for the silicone case I bought. I'll have to go back to the Sprint store and hopefully get that resolved. I was so excited I didn't check my bill close enough at the time...

bballintom22

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it should be EXTREMELY EASY to get the activation fee removed for NEW lines...just mention to them that you would "maybe" leave if it's not removed, why would they fret over 18 bucks when they can tie u in for 2 years if they remove the fee..that's my way of lookin at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87