Just curious, for those that have switched from an iphone to an evo, did you pay the etf for at&t, or were you non-contract?

Im considering switching, but would have to pay $120 to end my contract with at&t (doesnt end till 6/11) along with the $199 for the evo. Is it worth it to switch?
    06-09-2010 06:06 PM
    What are you paying per month? The plan will be cheaper in all likelihood on Sprint, so you may make the money back based on a lower monthly bill. I made this jump for the pre launch a year ago with my wife, and between her on vzw and me on ATT we both had early termination fees, but it washed out in 10 months with how much cheaper the plan was (with 10% discount for I think AAA or something silly).
    06-09-2010 06:29 PM
    I pay almost $100 a month with At&t, and it would only be $80 a month with Sprint, i guess its just the $320 to do the switch that stings haha

Btw, hows Sprints network coverage in SoCal?
    06-09-2010 06:51 PM
    I was willing to pay the ETF ($145 each) for 2 of my three lines, and yes the phone is worth it---

HOWEVER, Sprint would not work at my house, so I am sticking forced to stick with ATT.

I was advised by the Sprint rep Friday morning to wait to port my numbers over till one day this week to let the dust settle a little, and I am glad I did, since now all I need to do is return the phones, and ATT doesnt know that I tried to defect--I shudder at the thought of what Lord Jobs would do if he found out....
    06-09-2010 06:59 PM
    I pay almost $100 a month with At&t, and it would only be $80 a month with Sprint, i guess its just the $320 to do the switch that stings haha

Btw, hows Sprints network coverage in SoCal?

Its great here in SD is that to So for you? lol
    06-09-2010 07:01 PM
    oh and call sprint up, they might give you a nice incentive credit to port your number over =)
    06-09-2010 07:02 PM
    oh and call sprint up, they might give you a nice incentive credit to port your number over =)
    Wait, what?

I got a new line and I am thinking about porting my number.... how would I go about me getting some credit?
    06-09-2010 09:40 PM
    I was gonna port a line from ATT. What kind of incentive????
    06-09-2010 09:45 PM
    make sure Sprint provide good signal where you are. Sprint is great for me in Chicago.
    06-10-2010 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD