Issues updating Facebook friends Profile Pics in contacts

eiheme22

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok... Im using Facebook for HTC sense and I've linked all my friends in my address book to their profile pics. However in the 5 days i've had the phone, I've noticed that some of my friends have changed the profile pics and they're not changing on my phone as well. However, the phone still tells me in the contact information that they've made a new status, uploaded new pics etc...so i know the phone is pulling and syncing data wit facebook. Does anyone else have this problem with Profile pics or have an idea on how they fixed it? Thanks.

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Just checking something:

If you click on Linked in the upper right corner of a contact, then tap on their Profile Pic, is Facebook selected from the list of options for the Pic?

4686817014_0251f98297.jpg

In the example above, I manually chose the Google image, which is one that I created for Reid - I don't care for what he chooses on Facebook!

I have most of my contacts set to a photo that I personally like and know, rather than have God knows what photo show up for them...! :p

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed what the OP is complaining about because I and other friends have changed our Facebook pix and it's not updating on the EVO. Looking at what Matt listed doesn't show current images. It doesn't help that my mashed-up contacts from my Pre have all sorts of weird linkages as my old Windows Mobile PDA had Google and Facebook IDs melded together.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have most of my contacts set to a photo that I personally like and know, rather than have God knows what photo show up for them...! :p

And it stays? As soon as one of my contacts posts something on FB, their photo goes back to the Facebook photo - is there a way to always make it default to the Google pic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463