Hovering over links in Browser

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to hover over links without clicking on them. On phones with a scroll ball (I just had a G1 previous to this phone) you can do this. Sometimes menus or links on a website have sub-menus when you hover over them. Anyone know how to do this on the Evo without actually clicking the link?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't think you can. HTC figured the screen is so big, you must have some poor aim to not hit the link you want to hit. Why do you want to hover?

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The only place I've run into this is on netflix. There a mouse hover will get you more info on a movie with a pop up. On the hero moving the track ball would get it to pop up and on the evo I've had to long press the spot, hit back one the menu pops up but it would work.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty frustrating because there are a ton of sites that have things that pop up, things that change, or information that appears when you hover over a link (but not click on it). Would be nice if they have arrows or something to scroll down the links of a website.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
random question.

How does Android/Evo handle drop down boxes in the browser?

Very well, they show up in a magnified version that makes it easy to pick what you want, like for example switching from one forum to the next, just click on it and the list shows up. You can scroll through which ever forum you want to switch to and click on your selection.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still pretty frustrating though. With the G1, you could trackball over the links and other things would pop up. The netflix example is good. I don't know what the word is for material that pops up on a webpage by simply hovering over a link.

artcuate

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
This one is tricky. Maybe been through some hours 'till finally got it. I've got a Motorola Atrix with Android 2.2.1 and this is how.

You have to be very (and by very I mean A LOT) careful to put your finger just above the link you'd like to do the "hover-mouse" just a bit of a second and there you go, you got the info and (in my case) the dropdown menu I was so frustraiting looking for. The first ones are the hard ones!

Ernie Mccracken

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So, it's been over a year and a half since anyone commented on this post?!? This is still a huge problem for nearly all touch devices. Every single browser in the play store STILL lacks this functionality. People can say sites should change to get rid of things that have to be hovered over, but that will take forever. I think it is unacceptable that no one even tries to come up with a solution to this problem, except for the galxy S4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12