New swype leaked

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mod Edit: Link removed. Please, no links to Swype, no links to links of Swype. You get the picture. Swype has its business model, and we need to respect it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When trying to launch it, it says ''Activity Not Found - com.swype.android.inputmethod''. Icon doesn't show up in App list either. Any clues? I unzipped it and installed it, then restarted my phone and still nothing.

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
You gotta change the input method. Select it in your settings then hold down tap on the area where the text goes when you're gonna send a message or something.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Is this the update with the new colored keyboards and bug fixes they just released a day or so ago? Also, is this link only for the EVO or can I install this on my Gf's Moto. Droid as well?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not working for me. I was able to complete the tutorial, but none of the other apps I've tried (e.g. Messaging, Evernote) seem to be taking the Swype input. Yes, it's selected in the Settings>Language and keyboard area. What am I missing?

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When you go into your Messaging app to type a text, hold down on the space where you would normally just click to bring up the keyboard. It should bring up a Menu asking for Input Method, and then just select Swype.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ah, got it. Thanks. Hmmm...it doesn't like the word "weird"; it want's to output "word" all the time. Not sure if this is faster than the stock predictive keyboard which I've found surprisingly effective. Maybe with practice. Can't really bash it after 5 minutes of use.

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No problem......Yeah, I noticed it was somewhat awkward to type words with double letters in them, such as 'boss' or 'middle' etc. This is just a beta version too, it's a good start though.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can see people complaining about how it causes extra wear on their screen protectors. What's so trippy about it is how it seems to know how to decipher your spastic fumbling into legible text. The Quick Reply box here scrolls a little wonky, too.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but SlideIT works much better and more accurately. However Swype looks much prettier! SlideIT is kind of ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool