SMS delay issue

dougE2483

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand this probably isn't directly the EVO's fault but is anyone else out there having an issue receiving SMS messages?

I am receiving messages from my friends anywhere between 5 minutes of a delay to 6-8 hours. I walked out of my house this morning at 7:45am and my phone went off with a text that was just received and time stamped at 2:25am. So the time stamps on all messages are correct and match up with when the person sent me the message, but i am not receiving them in the correct order or on time.

I called Sprint last night and had a really good experience talking to two reps on the phone who seemed very helpful and he said he reset my sms service for the phone and also sent a test message to me while i was on the phone, which came through with in 2minutes but also along with that message a flood of 6 other messages all came with it all with different time stamps on them.

So i seem to be receiving text messages in batch's, it always seems like 4-6 of them at a time all with different time stamps on them. And this is a huge problem with me because i use SMS as my major mean of communication and use anywhere between 2,000-4,000 texts a month and i was not having this issue on T-mobile.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if anyone has had it and found a way to fix it.

Just an FYI, my phones roaming is set to Automatic, i have had bars of service the whole time and never with out service or 3g data, and have tested it with 3g data on and 4g data on and with roaming on Sprint only and Automatic. So if anyone has any input on this, that would be a great deal of help because i love my Evo but i can not be having delays between text messages like this and will have to go back to T-mobile if i can not find a way to get this resolved.

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had an issue similar to this, but I'm also texting near constantly with different people. The messages will be between 5-30 minutes delayed and is pretty annoying too. I've googled the problem and apparently it's not too widespread, meaning fixes aren't necessarily easy to find. So calling sprint didn't fix the problem at all?

dougE2483

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When he sent a message to my phone, it was from 9### forgot the number, but just said "sprinttesttextmessage" and when he forced that through it came through with in like 30 seconds and with a batch of other messages but once i got off the phone with them the problem keep up.

PurpleGuitar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem; for me it was related to roaming on Verizon's network. While roaming sometimes my texts were delayed; sometimes for hours. As soon as I got back on Sprint's network I got all my texts at once. It doesn't always happen though.

dougE2483

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So you think making turning Roaming to sprint only as long as i am in an area that i still receive signal might help this out? Because if i have Roaming set to Sprint only i noticed when i was driving to and from work i had two dropped calls but i didn't leave it on or off long enough to see if it effected my texts, currently it is set to Automatic.

jfff

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to receive a text from my girlfriend (she uses US Cellular) since I got my new Evo. I've talked with a few reps on the Sprint CS line and they said everything is fine on their/my end. It's pretty damn annoying.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow im glad I dont have this problem... Mine works perfect... Only time they come out of order is when someone sends like 3 or 4 messages at once... But that happens with all the phones ive had

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
It is sporadic with me. Sometimes my text messages are time stamped correctly and others are usually 4 to 5 hours ahead of the time zone I am in

sqeet

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow im glad I dont have this problem... Mine works perfect... Only time they come out of order is when someone sends like 3 or 4 messages at once... But that happens with all the phones ive had

I get that, too. On occasion, I receive texts way past when they were sent...but, this only happens with my girlfriend who's on AT&T. Choosing between the two, I'd have to blame AT&T in this case. lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane